Iphone 5 connector

Huan

[H]ard|Gawd
So, just curious.. Is anyone else not in favor of apple changing the connector on the iphone 5 to a 19 pin rather than the long used 30? Unless there is an adapter provided, this will knock out both my stereo and car radio from the new device...... I may end up bailing on apple with this if they don't provide a solution... But i'm sure i'm just a drop in a bucket when it comes to the super apply loyal s out there...

Man i hope your right! Soo many people will be pissed if they just abandon this suddenly.. I could seriously see bad backlash from it all

as much as it will suck having to move over to the new connector (however, I don't really own many iOS accessories anyway), if it improves transfer speeds (and increases the amount of power the line can handle) then I'm all for it. It should of happened a few years ago IMO

We shall see though

I wonder if it will still have audio out on the line-out... It doesn't look like it from this "prototype" You lose so much sound quality with the crappy amps on portable devices.

as much as it will suck having to move over to the new connector (however, I don't really own many iOS accessories anyway), if it improves transfer speeds (and increases the amount of power the line can handle) then I'm all for it. It should of happened a few years ago IMO

We shall see though
I doubt it's going to handle any more than 1 amp of power coming through it. As far as transfer speeds, the only thing that might help that is USB 3.0 but we haven't seen that used in a mobile application as of yet

I'm sure there will be a converter available for the low, low price of $30 or so.

Well, I believe they are doing this because of some European Union rules - that demand that all new phones have micro USB.... so you don't have to get excessive numbers of chargers. So I believe Apple has two choices - either add microUSB port and still keep connector slot, or just make microUSB- Apple connector converter

They already provide a connector in the box for the UK. It's just simply time to move on, and get rid of connections they no longer need in the port, like analog out or firewire.

They already provide a connector in the box for the UK. It's just simply time to move on, and get rid of connections they no longer need in the port, like analog out or firewire.

That's good on Apple's part to make sure everyone can make that transition from older iPhone to iPhone5. My only concern is how will already existing Apple peripherals be able to use together with new iPhone? This is just bad marketing from Apple don't do something about it.

I would imagine that they'll offer a similar adapter since it still would be electrically compatible. But of course no one is going to say that in a blog post because no one will click it. We won't know until they actually announce it anyways.

Not having analog out would be a mistake. There are a lot of audio people that use the ipod because it has line out.

Back