iPhone on tmobile

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
It would be great if the iPhone people on tmobile could chime in on this one for me. So i am on the brink of Getting a 3g iPhone or 3gs iPhone and using it on tmobile. I seem to hear alot of different things about edge speed thru tmobile.

I was wondering what kind of speeds do you guys get with your iPhone? I have hear that edge is between 100-200kbps on avg. I get around 1600-1200kbps on my wifi at home and that is plenty fast for me. Would like to know the speeds you get in your area and how is the tmobile signal and call quality.

I will mainly be using the phone for texting, and home phone. I work most of the day and come home and stay there lol so I can just use my wii at home instead of edge
I have access to a pc and would like to unlock/jailbreak the iPhone. How hard is it to do that??

I am gonna get a family plan with 2 iPhones unlimited everything since it is pretty cheap. My girlfriend has a 2g iPhone so I will need to mod her phone aswell.
Are you guys happy with your service thu t-mo??
I live in Akron Ohio and it shows that my data and signal are excellent in my area. If I ever use the Internet at work or outside of home it will be for something like facebook or email so it's not very demanding on speed. Please chime in guys I'd like to hear what you have to say thanks...

I'm just worried about the signal for when I'm calling or texting. Is tmo signal good like AT&T or verizon? I didn't think edge would have a impact on my calling or texting as it is for data not calling/texting

Is it hard to mod the iPhone to work on tmo? I will have to do a 2g and a 3g or 3gs.
I cannot afford AT&T plus they want a huge deposit that's why I want to use tmo plus the price is sweet for unlimited on two iPhones

I find alot of info on google but I trust you guys more then some random site ya know. Hopefully some people here who use a iPhone on tmobile can chime in today

<== used to work for tmo

get the iphones and revert to the older OS if they haven't been updated, leave them be
download black rain
install to iphone (you download on your pc first)
click the black rain icon
click use with different carrier
pop in tmo sim card
reboot phone

done

it takes all of 10 mins to do

Lol that's alot easier then I thought it would be. Her iPhone has 3.1.3 on it and I heard you can't unlock those ones. I will try to find a 3.1.2 iPhone for me.
That's really easy to do, I am really surprised.

I won't get my iPhone for probably a month or two I need to save the funds. I have looked for actual tmobile phones in my price range and I don't like the web browsers. Winmo 6.5 looks like a joke and I have used opera on a samsung impression and I didn't care for that either.

Just hooked on the iPhone browser as it is so simple to use and I really like the virtual keyboard on the iPhone

BMan, I'm pretty sure it has to be before 3.1.2, but I could be mistaken. Just letting you know.

As for Opera, it's a whole other beast on WinMo than the shitfest that was the Impression. I can't stress how godawful that phone truly is. WinMo on the other hand, is underrated and is actually a nice OS when you have something like TouchFLO, Sense, or Mobile Shell on it.

Yeah the impression was a turd lol. I have never used winmo 6.5 and I don't know anyone who has it so I can try it out. I would prefer to get a tmobile phone so I can get the 3g speed but I am not use to any of their phones. The my touch is terrible and the. G1 I don't like either.

I am trying to find good winmo 6.5 videos on YouTube but I'm having no luck. I like the htc phones but I am limited with tmo as a carrier.
Htc hd2 is too expensive, htc touch pro is too big, htc diamond 2 is the right size but I don't know about the browser. I don't. Like the mytouch or the g1 so I'm kinda stuck on choices

it works just fine on Edge, only slow on the internet. get the 3GS just for the extra speed and better camera.

I live in Germany and have an iphone through tmobile. 3G speed is great in major cities, but coverage is spotty and I end up on edge quite a bit. It's fast enough for me, I only notice slowdown when it's near the end of the month and I go over my data limit, crippling me to 64kbps up/down.

I guess I am just so use to using the iPhone I'm kinda scared to venture out lol. The iPhone I can get on craigslist for $200-250 all day long. The only time I will be on the Internet is at home and I will just use my wifi since it's 3mbps and plenty fast. I might use gps if I am driving somewhere or check facebook or email at work on my break.

I would love to get full 3g speed but I don't really have many choices in my price range of under $300. I heard from somewhere I can't remember that you can unlock all htc phones. If so maybe I can look and see what htc phones are on AT&T even tho I will still be on edge.

I am using my girlfriends iPhone 2g now typing this thru my wifi at home so I have gotten very comfy with the iPhone and all it's features. I just don't want to get a winmo phone and be dissappointed, I haven't played with a droid phone to really know how they are. Just don't wanna waste any money.

I do like the lay out of the htc phones and the simplicity of the home screen. Everything is right there and it seems really easy to learn. I like safari alot, how does winmo compare to safari? I will look and see what phones are on AT&T as I can use them on tmi also as long as they are unlockable. There is always a add on cragslist for unlocking htc phones and there is a cellular shop by me that unlocks phones for tmobile but they charge $60 to do so. As long as I can do it myself with a pc and it is a simple procedure I would have no problem doing it myself I just don't want to buy a phone that is on AT&T and not be able to unlock it myself..

Local craigslist has a bunch of iPhones on it and it figures I'm broke lol

Back