iPhone ran over. Pics.

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
My sister found her iPhone after losing it today in front of our apartment building, in the street.
Results:
_3010293.jpg

_3010288.jpg

_3010284.jpg

_3010296.jpg

Circle which one doesn't belong.
_3010303.jpg

16x12.jpg

After the battery acid/snow dried from the screen:
1234.jpg

I was going to offer to buy it for the housing parts but that is pretty tore up :D

Can't seem to find people stocking those housings/bezels anymore. And if they do, the prices have skyrocketed.

yeah, there's definitely no salvageable parts. maybe the camera. haha

Me: I think I dropped my phone.

Apple: Oh. Sorry.

Me: 16GB iPhone pls.

Apple: k.

I kinda doubt it. Apple doesn't offer it, nor does ATT.

Yes they do, you can buy a separate applecare plan for it. Not nearly as good as the regular applecare (2 years instead of 3) but its not too bad either.

Yes they do, you can buy a separate applecare plan for it. Not nearly as good as the regular applecare (2 years instead of 3) but its not too bad either.

Given the context I think they were asking if there was a warranty to cover accidental damage to the iPhone. Applecare does not offer such warranty.

My dad's old old old cellphone, the kind that's somewhat big and bulky, got run over by his car. He dropped it in the garage and ended up rolling over it when parking the car. The phone survived and worked, but two weeks later, he dropped it and it broke. Ironic no? :)

does home and contents insurance not cover it?

i had an unfortunate drunken incident in which cellphone met toilet :D

i just claimed on my insurance.

does home and contents insurance not cover it?

i had an unfortunate drunken incident in which cellphone met toilet :D

i just claimed on my insurance.

problem with that is usually you have a 500 - 1000 deduct on your insurance so unless you have a VERY expensive phone it isn't worth it...as for the Applecare...I can assure you Apple does NOT cover accidental damage in any way...you MIGHT be able to get 3rd party plan that would cover it but I doubt it...I do like the idea of taking it into an ARS and seeing if they can fix it :p

At this point, there's only one question left to ask.

Will it blend?

something like this happened to a friend of mine's iPhone. he took it to the local Apple store and believe it or not but they gave him a new phone.

talk about having luck. :p

Back