iPhone Restocking Fee

rusty12

Limp Gawd
I was just reading that because of the iPhone 4's reception problems, Apple has "graciously" decided to dump the restocking fee for the time being if you decide to return your iPhone within 30 days.

What I found interesting and have never seen before was that there is a $10 difference in the restocking fee depending on which model iPhone you get (i.e. 16gb vs. 32gb)

Can someone explain this bullshit to me?

If you buy an iphone, well then open your wallet & dump more money here. Thanks

It is a 10% restocking fee.

$199 = $19.90
$299 = 29.90

I see.. Is it common practice for a restocking fee to be based off a percentage of the product price itself? I always thought there was a base fee that every business used.

It is very common practice for a restocking fee to be % based. I honestly can't think of a single store either physical or online where I've seen it any different.

I see.. Is it common practice for a restocking fee to be based off a percentage of the product price itself? I always thought there was a base fee that every business used.

In the cellphone industry it's usually a flat fee. For other purchases, it's not uncommon to see a 15% restocking fee.

Apple dropped the restocking fee over the weekend - now it's just an issue of returning it within the window (30 days of purchase). Their actions fully indicate "Oh, yeah, we know there's something wrong, we just won't outright admit it..." so, do whatever you will I suppose.

Amazing how smoothly things could go if they'd just own up to the phone having issues for a great many people...

The fact that they're releasing a fix of any kind and a press release about that fix is indicative of a defect, on every iPhone 4, as shipped from the factory. Doesn't matter if it's hardware, doesn't matter if it's software, the fact remains the phones have a problem as shipped hence it's defective, even if you don't actually notice it or suffer from it.

Bleh... this shit is getting old, Apple, it really is.

Back