iPod classic 160gig...what to do with all the space?

Just bought one of these to replace my old 30 gig 5th gen. I'm going to load it up with a bunch of TV shows and movies, but still I think i'm going to have space left over. Any suggestions as to what to do with all this hard drive space? I was thinking just using it as portable storage in disk mode, but what other cool things are there to do?

Encode your entire CD library in Apple Lossless. That should take up some space. I was going to do that but it wouldn't have all fit on the 160gb.

Encode your entire CD library in Apple Lossless. That should take up some space. I was going to do that but it wouldn't have all fit on the 160gb.

The vast majority of my music was downloaded...most of my CD collection is crap from 10 years ago that I don't listen to anymore. Plus apple lossless doesn't make a difference from what I've heard. maybe to the utmost audiophiles (which I am most certainly not), and even then you need a DAC and amazing headphones to hear the difference. I'm mostly going to be using the iPod in my car anyway, which has shit speakers.

is it possible to partition the ipods hard drive and still have all the music/videos/ipod "OS" working without problems?

Back