iPod Nano and Phone announced

I think it has to do with the size of the device and the installed user base...I imagine having both requires two chips or a bigger, more complex chip, and waaay more people have usb than firewire

they've been abandoning firewire since the shuffle came out, then when the 30gb/newer 60gb photo came out in like march they stopped including firewire cables, then they updated the mini, no firewire cables.

Been looking for an excuse to buy and ipod and this might be it.

It would be perfect for when I go jogging which is nearly every day. But the summer is over soon. :( I think I will have to get one. Its nice and light and I can get the arm band to go with it.

But the real question is. Black or White. :confused:

black...the white has been boring for sometime now

you know you want it...the power of black compells you lol

I finally convinced myself not to sell my mini and get one. I've got car parts that need bought first. :cool:

Dirty apple. Dirty dirty rotten apple. Goddamn them for this. goddamn them. This is how it will be with every new ipod they sell. They get us addicted second-hand and then drop the ball with something like this. Dirty dirty dirty apple.

rumors say the 8gb will be released 4th qtr 2005 or 1st qtr 2006 for $299

Anyone order the arm band? I would like to get one for running but Apple's looks too feminine to me. I hope a third party develops one for men soon.

aldy402 said:
rumors say the 8gb will be released 4th qtr 2005 or 1st qtr 2006 for $299
I highly doubt that seeing as apple is paying about $180 for each 4gb flash module, an 8gb module would cost well over double that.

darkhorse said:
I highly doubt that seeing as apple is paying about $180 for each 4gb flash module, an 8gb module would cost well over double that.

its actually already confirmed, and when the 8gb version comes out, im sure the 4,6gb models will be adjusted accordingly, but im sure that the 8gb will be $289-299

its called premiere/introductory pricing, never been to marketing class?

aldy402 said:
its actually already confirmed, and when the 8gb version comes out, im sure the 4,6gb models will be adjusted accordingly, but im sure that the 8gb will be $289-299

its called premiere/introductory pricing, never been to marketing class?

Source?

It's so sexy........ mmmmmmmm

I'd love to have one, but I've got a 20Gb model now, and that's not big enough, I wouldn't have room for hardly anything on the nano.......

Apple needs to come out with a 160Gb iPod. I'd buy it. (and yes, I know that they would if they could, but the harddrives aren't out yet).

I see a lot of posts complaining about price... for you (mainly US based peeps here.. am I right?) it's OK... even for those of you in Hong Kong and Japan, it's OK.

I live in the UK, nick-named 'Rip-off Britain'!

Let me explain... very simply by comparing Apple Store Prices for a 4GB iPod Nano..

US... US$249 = £135
HK... HK$1,900 = £132
JP... Yen27,800 = £137

So you think OK.. prices seem to be standardised, that's good, but then you look at the Uk where I live...

UK... £179

179 Frickin' pounds!!!£@£@$£*&$

That's over £40 more, that's US$73 extra than you guys pay in the US!!

You guys could buy a 4GB iPod Nano, the desktop dock and the lanyard headphones for what we Britons pay for just the iPod itself... it's disgusting!!!

This rant is not directed at you US, HK and JP guys (but I do envy you!).. it's just a general rant about how crap Britain is on prices!!

Rip-off Britain!!

J-Pepper said:
I see a lot of posts complaining about price... for you (mainly US based peeps here.. am I right?) it's OK... even for those of you in Hong Kong and Japan, it's OK.

I live in the UK, nick-named 'Rip-off Britain'!

Let me explain... very simply by comparing Apple Store Prices for a 4GB iPod Nano..

US... US$249 = £135
HK... HK$1,900 = £132
JP... Yen27,800 = £137

So you think OK.. prices seem to be standardised, that's good, but then you look at the Uk where I live...

UK... £179

179 Frickin' pounds!!!£@£@$£*&$

That's over £40 more, that's US$73 extra than you guys pay in the US!!

You guys could buy a 4GB iPod Nano, the desktop dock and the lanyard headphones for what we Britons pay for just the iPod itself... it's disgusting!!!

This rant is not directed at you US, HK and JP guys (but I do envy you!).. it's just a general rant about how crap Britain is on prices!!

Rip-off Britain!!
Maybe that's because of shipping and trade agreements in the EU?:confused:

aldy402 said:

It's confirmed? To who? Just you?

I have been a "ipod/apple hater" for some time.

Creatives products have pretty much always sounded better, had better storage to price ratios, came with more accessories, and been easier to transfer files with. (and screw itunes sync/player software, its horrible, use Ephpod, much more logical).

But... my god... this damn Nano is so fricken sweet.

I had money saved up for a 20gb zen touch, and now im like... eh... 15$ more dollars for such sexiness... and 16 less gigs... and im really thinking this?

Damn you apple!

Schmiggy_JK23 said:
Creatives products have pretty much always sounded better, had better storage to price ratios, came with more accessories, and been easier to transfer files with. (and screw itunes sync/player software, its horrible, use Ephpod, much more logical).

Its not the bells and whistles that get the Apple converts....come my child...feel the power of the Apple force....

So this is why they imported Samsung's 4GB NAND Flash RAMs... rumor's been true. Now double the capacity and I'll buy one for $300. 14 hr battery life= 12 real life battery...not enough...i want my 18+ hr battery life like in ipod mini

Now, introducing the "Ipod Electron"! Only 1/2000 the mass of one Hydrogen atom! Store it anywhere! On your fingernails, in your ear, up your nose, in a pore on your arm, the possibilities are limited only by quantum physics! Includes beep noise to locate unit after storage.

Im buying a Ipod next week, A 4gb nano or a 20gb 4th gen. The difference in price is $40. Im crazy for even asking for advice...but i need it. I dont know what to do.

Im at college so really just walking/relazing time. I dont need the flash memory...

Its way too little (Storage wise) for me. My Sony NW-HD1 has 20 gigs and is around that size so Im fine.

Justinkoko said:
Night Fox? Which Best Buy store had nano in stock?

I bought mine in Madison, WI and a friend got one in Brookfield which is 70 miles away, so I think most Best Buy's are starting to receive them.

Back