iRacing - 3 months for $12

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
But 1 month for $12 and two additional months for FREE! That's a 60% savings.

It's a great time to try iRacing. Our latest updates just came out and the new season has just begun.

Our latest software release features these highlights:

• The Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 car is now available for purchase
• Five Flags Speedway, home of the Snowball Derby, is now available for purchase
• Improved graphics
• Improved driving physics due to a new tire model on many cars
• New live telemetry outputs
• Improved web interface with auto joining of sessions
• Much, much more

https://members.iracing.com/membersite/SubscriptionSelection.do?promotion_code=PR-RACENOW2015

CODE: PR-RACENOW2015

And for existing members, don't forget the summer $49/year renewal special is going on right now as well !

You can buy as many years as you wish.

It's a terrible game.

But it's an awesome simulation :)

+1. It's really outdated. The graphics are out dated, the sounds are outdated and in general it's just outdated....BUT, you won't find a better sim anywhere else.

Seriously.

Are the physics in iRacing really that superior to Assetto Corsa?

Not even close. I have both and AC depresses me. Not to mention I feel like I'm in a damn cartoon when I drive it.

Buuugsbunny. The Coyote's after you!!

Very true but this 2015. We should be able to have both, especially from a service where you have to monthly to play.

To be honest, the graphics in iRacing really aren't that bad. If your graphics card can handle 16x Anistropic and 8x X2 AA, they are downright purdy. The track surface visuals are actually quite good.

The grass is ok.

The tree's and crowd are where things fall apart, but you really shouldn't be looking at them anyway.

Car visuals are just fine.

Don't go by what you see on YouTube. It's WAY better than that.

This is a pretty decent representation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDyEER8pHo#t=00

Little kid kicks ass! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZ_ZeCJSws

Last edited:
Look up "Project Cars" on steam. It just recently released. I think it's a pretty top notch racing simulator game.

If it isn't on the same level of GTAV or any current game, people bitch about them being crappy.

That kid left foot brakes, too. I learned to LFB on iracing and now do it on the track IRL. Some stuff from simulators does transfer to real life.

I'm surprised people are saying those graphics look crappy.

I think it's because they aren't into the bent up flying parts off of the cars thing like a lot of arcade racers.

And while flips and gymnastics aren't really part of desired scope of the Sim, the contact physics along with a touch of lag can produce some rather entertaining car antics at times :)

As far as what I think I would see out of the windshield of a race car on any given day, I think it's about perfect.

If it isn't on the same level of GTAV or any current game, people bitch about them being crappy.

That kid left foot brakes, too. I learned to LFB on iracing and now do it on the track IRL. Some stuff from simulators does transfer to real life.

I race LFB too. I've trail braked since GPL, where it was basically necessary.

Don't go by what you see on YouTube. It's WAY better than that.

This is a pretty decent representation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDyEER8pHo#t=00

"Don't go by youtube videos , check out this youtube video!" :D

I have a subscription to iRacing and while the graphics aren't very good (nowhere near "purdy") the multiplayer racing can be quite intense as safe driving is strictly enforced... so when you're driving wheel to wheel 25 minutes into a race the heart gets pumping and I don't notice the graphics anymore.

I agree that with hardware where it is we should be able to have good physics and good graphics... but it's better than anything I can make ;-)

For short races and some quick entertainment I play Project CARS, for a bit more realism and time trials I play Assetto Corsa and for multiplayer I play iRacing (at least until my subscription expires.)

You'll need to read the sporting code.

A ranking with a 4.0+ SR can usually race in the next level up from where they are I think.

It's been 10 years since I was a C/D so I don't remember :)

I just signed up & why are C / D licensed drivers also racing against the rookie class?

Any class can race Mazda Cup on the road side. So its open to everyone, the drivers you are racing against are placed in that race against you based on similiar skill (irating) not license class.

On the Oval side only class D & rookie drivers can race rookie street stocks.

Remember, advancing a license has nothing to do with your finishes or skill, solely safety.

how well does this game work (if it does work) with the Xbox 360 steering wheel and pedals?

so the game does work with the 360 wheel and pedals.

so the game does work with the 360 wheel and pedals.

I don't really know. I use the TM T500RS and Fanatec Elite Pedals.

Iracing said page says the controller works, but does not mention the wheel.

Back