IRQ errors....

Ripskin

2[H]4U
Recently I had ram problems that resulted in me ordering a new motherboard. Same board as before. It arrives and I swap them out. I boot it and set to boot from cd rom to reinstall windows to make it work....

First try as it loads windows it gives me a stop error, something about USB so I unplug all my USB parts and unplug the USB 5-6 cables on the MB...try again.

Then I got a 0xD1 error (0x000000D1) I unplug all my IDE devices plug back in the two I need and try again.

This time I got a PFL error, 0x4E I think it was. So I plug all my stuff back in and try one last time.

Now im getting a 0x0A IRQL not less or equal error. The online help / explenation of the error havnt yielded much help yet aside from telling me its a problem.

I have a DFI Lan Pary NFII Ultra B, Corsair XMS 512 - 32000 C2, Geforce 4 Ti 4600 and an athlon 2600 xp + (not Barton)

I was hoping that since it was the same board I wouldnt need a format but I have a fairly recent backup of the Windows drive to not loose anything of great value. Ive been trying to get it to let me format... It has let me close by teasing me with the Repair Install Exit screen but once I choose my option it gives me the error.

I welcome all suggestions toward a possible fix for this. The componants are the same as before, except that the MB was swapped for the same thing.

Thank you for your time.

You had ram problems that made you order a new MB? :confused: Are you still using the probelm ram in the new motherboard?

Not exactly, the 512 stick im using now ive had for a while...I wanted to upgrade to 1 gig so I orderd another stick of the same ram. When it got here I put it in and couldnt get it to post or either stick to power up on the board after that.

I posted in the corsair ask the ram guy forums and he said that the chips used on the two sticks were produced by different companies and wouldnt work together. So im in the process of getting rid of the sticks and buying a TwinX set that has been tested together. But untill I get those ive been using my origonal stick that was in before everything went wrong. The ram guy hadnt mentiond anything about it making the sticks bad, just that they wouldnt work together.

I can get the comp to start loading windows but it reboots and if I try safe mode it lists the drivers for pretty much everything that its missing causing it to not boot. But it wont let me reinstall windows with the error's that it says. I dont have any more ram to try and use, I am in the process of ordering the TwinX set, but that aside from a possible reason for the board not booting (I havnt ruled it out as the stick might be bad now) is there anything else that it could be?

Thanks for the reply!

If you haven't tried already, try using just the new stick by itself.

I hadnt been expecting problems and have already sold the new stick off. I havnt heard anything about that stick causing problems...

Probably should have waited to see...

Connect the FDD?

Ive never updated a BIOS...tried once and it didnt take right and the MB wasnt very happy with me after that. Since then I havent looked at or tried it.

Back