Is 400w going to cover this?

Bulletproof

Weaksauce
Core 2 Duo 2.8ghz
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
MSI N260GTX-T2D896-OCv4 GeForce GTX 260 896MB
SEAGATE 7K ST31000528AS

Seems like the motherboard needs the regular ATX plug plus a 4 pinner, which isn't a surprise, but then I noticed it wants an additional 2 more 4 pin plugs. And I believe the video card uses 2 6 pin adapters. I have this power supply right now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104052 but it seems I need an additional 4 pin and 6 pin plug. I guess I could buy some adapters, but I am a bit worried that the 400 watts may not be enough for the system itself.

That system should not pull more than 400W max under load. However; it may be possible that the system draws too much off a single rail, say the video card from one of the 12V rails particularly, they look a bit weak. Hard to say.

I would personally try it. You won't damage any components. A weak power supply will manifest it self as random BSODs, crashes, other instability problems, or simply not boot up. At that point you know you need a beefier supply.

Your PSU can supply 32A on 12V which is within a safe margin as long as the PSU is in good shape.
How old is the PSU, was it pushed hard/used a lot?
Do you intend to overclock, if so how hard?

Your PSU can supply 32A on 12V
I very much doubt it's 32A. The label doesn't provide the combined maximum +12V output, but you can't just add up the rails. The PSU should still be enough though based on the lower limit for the +12V output (which is 21A based on the combined maximum outputs of the +3.3V, +5V, +5VSB, and -12V rails).

Back