Is Alienware a piece of crap?

Do like Alienware based on experience?

• Total voters
why would you put a thermaltake power supply in a system like that?

Go PCPNC 850SSI :eek:

OMG. The Guy who made this people must be hanged! How dare you switch the questions around fooling people to vote the other way. What a shame. Also, shame on me for not noticing it earlier. This just come to show you can't trust people these days. I would take this as a lesson and from now on, I'm going to read the fine prints. LOL.

Bugalaman said:
I vote HELL YES! any prebuilt is crap. any moron can build a computer. hell, I work with idiots and they build their own :rolleyes:

While you can always build your own and most of the time do it cheaper than the OEM's for high end PC's that does not mean that any pre-built machine is crap. For some people who are computer stupid, warranty backed, company backed machines are a good thing.

Just like supported systems and warranty are a godsend for machines in the business world.

They aren't bad computers, they just look like crap, overpriced, and poor customer service. :p

I have had to repair Alienware PCs for users and their customer service sucks. I don't think that they are crap computers, they are just way too overpriced; and just hope nothing ever goes wrong, because if they can they will try to get out of replacing the parts at all costs.

**edit**

Built an alienware system with identical/equivalent components to my system, except the alienware had only 1 LCD: $5089

This cost of my system with the 2nd LCD: $4100

So I saved $1000 by building it myself and thats with dual LCDs. They have to be joking with their prices!!

Alienware farms their support out to local companies unless its something major that requires you to send the whole machine back to the factory.

We had Alienware call us to service a customers computer. All I did was a mobo swap (they sent us the mobo), tested it, and gave it back to the customer. That was two years ago... They still haven't paid us for the service work......

Nice machine, crappy service, overpriced.. All your paying for is the name..

ahh, i hit yes because i didnt read the question and the title was "is alienware a piece of crap"

i answered yes to that question :p

i have dealt with them a few times, since their offices are like 10 mins from my house, definately prefer not to ever deal with those people

and if you say that "no they are not crap, just expensive"

BZZZZT, wrong, they are crap, everytime a customer buys one (against my recommendations) i usually end up having to fix something that they screwed up putting it together, or they just use crap components on their "base" systems which cost more than the average high-end system with better stuff...

also ive run into stuff like cables getting pinched when they are putting it together and shorting out PSU's and just plain crappy manufacturing among other things...

They're pretty decent computers, but they cost way too much, and I think they're quite ugly looking. For a long time, I wanted an Alienware 7700m, until I realized the Sager 9860 was the same thing, except it wasn't butt-ugly, and it was a little cheaper.

Back