Is Antec discontinuing the Mini p180?

Low Roller

[H]ard|Gawd
This little bugger of a case is becoming harder to come by.(the white version is still widely available, though)

I'm currently doing a build with this case and it was difficult to locate one <$100 shipped. Many places are out of stock.(Dell.com and my local Microcenter, for example.) There are some rumors floating around retailers have been told not to expect any more shipments of these.

Who knows how true the rumors are, but coupled with the fact the p180 mini is getting harder to find/ more expensive, I'm starting to wonder if there might be some truth to it. Maybe Antec's getting ready to introduce a new revision? I hope so. I'm on my second build with this case and am really fond of it.

I hope they are just doing a remake of it, its a nice case. However, it does have a small niche market. Its large for a micro atx, doesn't have a window which many people like. and watercooling isn't a simple task for it. It looks classy and has great aircooling but the micro atx crowd seems more concerned about total size of the case. I really like it and its on my short list of cases to buy but I can see how it would be a hard case to sell large quantities of.

White/Silver are still available on newegg. White is down to $64.99.

I hope they are just doing a remake of it, its a nice case. However, it does have a small niche market. Its large for a micro atx, doesn't have a window which many people like. and watercooling isn't a simple task for it. It looks classy and has great aircooling but the micro atx crowd seems more concerned about total size of the case. I really like it and its on my short list of cases to buy but I can see how it would be a hard case to sell large quantities of.
Yeah, the case does kind of cater to a niche market, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they scrapped it. However, I would be sorry to see it go.

However, if we assume for a minute that Antec is just preparing to launch a revision of this case, what are the improvements you would like/expect to see?

1. A hole on the back of the motherboard tray that allows access to the back of the motherboard for mounting and unmounting CPU heatsinks w/o the need to remove the motherboard.

2. Put the air intake for the lower chamber directly below the PSU. That way PSU's can be installed right side up and 'fan down.' The 24 pin connector wire will no longer have to be run from side panel to side panel before snaking its way behind the mobo tray, creating less clutter

3. Increase the size a smidgen to allow for full ATX boards.

Ok, there's my wish list. Make it happen, Antec! ;)

I think it would be interesting if they made the same case but scrapped the two compartment deal and put three 5.25" bays on top and 4-5 3.5" bays on the bottom, with the 3.5" bays turned 90'. Then take the exterior and town it down even more, making it cleaner.

Ok, what I really want is a fractal r2, can antec just make that please?

I think it would be interesting if they made the same case but scrapped the two compartment deal and put three 5.25" bays on top and 4-5 3.5" bays on the bottom, with the 3.5" bays turned 90'. Then take the exterior and town it down even more, making it cleaner.

Ok, what I really want is a fractal r2, can antec just make that please?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/cases-power-cooling/fractal-design-r2-case-coming-north-america/

If you can just wait a bit...

wow wtf, thats a P180 lol, nice ripoff design haha

Yeah basically, it has a few minor changes though. But can you blame them really, I mean the P180 changed the way cases have been designed after it's inception. Just look at how many cases started using bottom mounted PSUs, built in sound dampening, 120mm fans all over, the list goes on, granted each aspect isn't revolutionary, but putting them all in one package is.

I was actually considering the Fractal, but it just looks too similar to my P182.

Same thing happened last year, a lot of places were out of the black versions.

i looked at many reviews of that swedish case before reading this thread. They may look alike but the two cases are very different. I wouldn't even consider the p180 if this was available. Some members here have this case and there's a number of utube vids out there too. Worth a check.

Maybe they're going to re-design it and make it bigger, true to SFF design and everyone can buy one and start bragging in the SFF subforum, just like NZXT Rogue owners :rolleyes:

the fractal is a perfect blend of the cm692 interior (cpu cutout, cable management galore, perpendicular hard drive cage, blowwhole, bottom mount psu) with the beauty of the mini p180 (clean aluminum, door, quiet features).

I'm waiting, but ncix says early June, so while I'm being patient, I wouldn't quite says that I'm enjoying it.

As far as size, the fractal is between the mini p180 and a regular p180. I like the smaller size of the mini, but the fractal will hold a full size atx board, which is nice.

This little bugger of a case is becoming harder to come by.(the white version is still widely available, though)

I'm currently doing a build with this case and it was difficult to locate one <$100 shipped. Many places are out of stock.(Dell.com and my local Microcenter, for example.) There are some rumors floating around retailers have been told not to expect any more shipments of these.

Who knows how true the rumors are, but coupled with the fact the p180 mini is getting harder to find/ more expensive, I'm starting to wonder if there might be some truth to it. Maybe Antec's getting ready to introduce a new revision? I hope so. I'm on my second build with this case and am really fond of it.

Hi Low Roller!

The P180 mini is not being discontinued, well at least not in the next 3 months. I'm assuming that people like the black p180 mini compare to the white P180 mini which isn't surprising to me. We did upgrade our Old Lanboy case with Lanboy Air and we have the Dark Fleet case series coming out next month so those are probably the only cases we are upgrading/releasing within the next 3 months.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Regards,
Antec

Hi Low Roller!

The P180 mini is not being discontinued, well at least not in the next 3 months. I'm assuming that people like the black p180 mini compare to the white P180 mini which isn't surprising to me. We did upgrade our Old Lanboy case with Lanboy Air and we have the Dark Fleet case series coming out next month so those are probably the only cases we are upgrading/releasing within the next 3 months.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Regards,
Antec
Thank you for answering my question! :) I'm happy to hear the mini will still be around!

Its a great case, and I'm hoping to use it in many future builds.

I'm a big fan of the Mini'80. After using Antec on my last six cases, I think the Mini'80 is the best of the bunch. Glad to see it's not going OOP.

what are the improvements you would like/expect to see?

-Get rid of the arrows and cutouts on the outside of the case; they trash up what was once a beautiful design.

-Either make it smaller if it's mATX boards only or tweak the interior to fit ATX boards. There's no reason a mATX only case is that big when any other mATX case is smaller by several inches and/or can also fit an ATX board (ie PC-A05).

IMHO the white is the better version of the two; everything is black now. I like silver cases, and the white mP180 is a nice looking case also. Again though get rid of the stupid arrows.

-Get rid of the arrows and cutouts on the outside of the case; they trash up what was once a beautiful design.

-Either make it smaller if it's mATX boards only or tweak the interior to fit ATX boards. There's no reason a mATX only case is that big when any other mATX case is smaller by several inches and/or can also fit an ATX board (ie PC-A05).

IMHO the white is the better version of the two; everything is black now. I like silver cases, and the white mP180 is a nice looking case also. Again though get rid of the stupid arrows.
My thoughts exactly. Well, maybe except for the black case thing - I am fond of both versions.

I have been looking for a case just like you've described for ages. When I heard about the mini-180 I thought it was it, but the arrows completely ruin it for me.

I guess the only thing I really REALLY want to change about this case is make the two drive cages interchangeable so you can have more room for longer video cards.

It seems that antec in general lately has started to produce some half-assed cases in the smaller variety. (namely the 200, 600 are just butt fugly)

It seems that antec in general lately has started to produce some half-assed cases in the smaller variety. (namely the 200, 600 are just butt fugly)
True. It appears they have moved focus to the gaming community and nos present us with led-infested badly designed kinds of crap. It is just poor taste, IMO.

Good to hear the mP180 isn't going out, as I was planning a new build with it this summer. But if a revision is in the future, some changes to more accommodate light water cooling would be nice.

I can understand that it is big for an matx case, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a purpose. Any smaller and creating anything else than an air cooled system would become quite a bit more difficult. On air only would kind of negate using any "nice" components (ie. 980X, Xfire/SLI setup, etc.) *hint, hint*.

Back