Is Anybody going to buy COD Black Ops 2?

Are you going to buy the new COD?

• Yes

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.0%
  • yeah, when it goes on sale on steam or another vendor

Votes: 78 18.7%

• Total voters
Its freakin BS that they pulled the Nuketown map for online play. Alot of ppl are super pissed. Should see all the ppl pissed over on their twitter and Facebook.

there's really no need for them to pull it. seems like a dog and pony show to try and establish Nuketown as 'unique' and a 'rare treat'. which is absurd.

Its freakin BS that they pulled the Nuketown map for online play. Alot of ppl are super pissed. Should see all the ppl pissed over on their twitter and Facebook.

They should just make the map available to everyone. Give the players who pre-ordered a double-XP event or something.

I did an FFA spree to max level "The executioner" handgun (I wanted dual executioner).

Close range 1 shot all the time. Pretty good lol. Even against SMG's if you turn a corner boom. No chance at all for SMG guy.

Hey, maybe if we just keep complaining they can actually make COD actually good.

it'll still be the same engine next year trust.

nobody here really cares that much about the gameplay. i bet if they had a new graphics engine theyd be all over CODs jock again.

most will never admit it though

nobody here really cares that much about the gameplay. i bet if they had a new graphics engine theyd be all over CODs jock again.

Im actually really annoyed about the MP7 balancing issues myself. I think the graphics are good enough for a multiplayer game.

I'm dying to know any of em. Will you mention some?
There are very few people on these forums that will admit to the awesome sauce also known as CoD MP...they just won't do it...it's like some mental block that affects the PC hipster crowd on these forums. Until the developers make the game free, update the graphics to FrostLick4000, include a free virtual reality suit, and pay them to play...it's just another rehashed piece of trash.

There are very few people on these forums that will admit to the awesome sauce also known as CoD MP...they just won't do it...it's like some mental block that affects the PC hipster crowd on these forums. Until the developers make the game free, update the graphics to FrostLick4000, include a free virtual reality suit, and pay them to play...it's just another rehashed piece of trash.

People shit on games like BOPS2 and BF3 and for good reason. I agree with a lot of the gripes they have. But in comparison with games in the past 2 or so years, there are no good contenders.

They can do a lot better. There is a TON of room for improvement. But right now there are no other good options especially in the FPS genre. I think a more productive way to look at things is what these games do right. And then maybe suggest ways they can improve. That's if developers actually listen, but they wont.

new consoles coming next year. i bet they update the engine for that.

People shit on games like BOPS2 and BF3 and for good reason. I agree with a lot of the gripes they have. But in comparison with games in the past 2 or so years, there are no good contenders.

They can do a lot better. There is a TON of room for improvement. But right now there are no other good options especially in the FPS genre. I think a more productive way to look at things is what these games do right. And then maybe suggest ways they can improve. That's if developers actually listen, but they wont.
If you're looking for just pure arcade military MP FPS fun with a slight tinge of competition, you can't look past the CoD series...sure they could do better...but...that is such a subjective idea within itself..."better". People can rip the CoD series apart, but at the end of the day...it's...FUN...and it has been since 2005 for me. Yeah sure, I could bitch about having to spend $100 a year on "rehashed" bullshit, but the over and under are negligible.

Sim City, Far Cry 3, War Face, Mech Warrior Online, to name a few. And I've yet to get Borderlands 2.

I can understand MWO. But pretty much in terms of a competitive FPS there isn't anything else to choose from aside from BF or COD. MOH is just horrible.

A friend of mine actually gifted me BlOps 1 just to get me to play with our group...I played it for a few hours over the course of 2 days, gifted him BC2 for $5 and we never played it again. To each their own, but overall the MP is generic garbage. I actually enjoy the SP campaigns, but no way will I pay anywhere near full price for them.

A friend of mine actually gifted me BlOps 1 just to get me to play with our group...I played it for a few hours over the course of 2 days, gifted him BC2 for $5 and we never played it again. To each their own, but overall the MP is generic garbage. I actually enjoy the SP campaigns, but no way will I pay anywhere near full price for them.
It's an arcade shooter...of course it's 'generic'. If you're going into it looking for anything else you're sure to be disappointed...no doubts about that.

Heard on NPR that COD might be the biggest entertainment release this year, bigger even than Halo 4. That's truly messed up.

Been having a lot of fun with the Ballista sniper on maps that I hated previously such as Turbine, Ballista stock default by itself without any attachments owns all. Still hate Yemen though, shit and unbalanced for what it is.

been suffering through the Balista trying to unlock the ACOG. i'm a lousy sniper until i unlock an 'aggressive sniper' optic :D
SMR, which is a semi-auto AR, with ACOG and the green crosshairs is excellent though.

Last edited:
I was hesitant to buy it at first. Picked it up 2 days ago and have been having fun with it. We've figured out ways to populate a server with only friends. So, that helps.

Hoping someone cracks it and makes dedi servers.

They rolled out another patch today, big things are max FoV is now 90 and performance improvements on quad-core+ machines.

Who da shiet uses 90 fov? lol..

@HydroBudz: public matches are all running off Treyarch's dedicated server's, private matches will be the usual P2P hosting. It will be almost impossible to crack and run dedicated server's because any modification to the actual files itself will have you booted off the Blops II network something like Checksum's not matching up with the original files.

Who doesn't use 90 fov? That's like standard for PC games. Ideal is actually 100 or so for 1080p and up resolutions.

Anybody know if its possible to force this game to run dx9 if you've got dx11 hardware? I want to try force super sample aa.

Who da shiet uses 90 fov? lol..

@HydroBudz: public matches are all running off Treyarch's dedicated server's, private matches will be the usual P2P hosting. It will be almost impossible to crack and run dedicated server's because any modification to the actual files itself will have you booted off the Blops II network something like Checksum's not matching up with the original files.

Anything under 100 FOV in EyeFinity or Surround is nearly unplayable.:D

Back