Is anyone here using the Lian Li PC-A70B?

I am, I love it. I got a nice side window for mine.

Thanks for the response.

You didn’t happen to install the Lian Li solid aluminum anodized casters on it, did you?

I’m trying to find out if you can install them without having to drill holes in the case.

Nope, I didnt, I dont want those casters personally. But I believe you can install them w/o drilling. Contact performance-pcs.com and ask them, They'll reply in a timely manner with an answer.

Contact performance-pcs.com and ask them, They'll reply in a timely manner with an answer.

I did contact them and they told me I did not have to drill but I wanted to double check with someone here who owned the case.

I just ordered the Lian Li PC-A71B with the casters. They should be here later this week. I was also told by Performance-PCS that the holes were already drilled in the case. I can let you know later. I believe the 70 & 71 are almost indentical besides the door.

I have a Lian Li PC-A70B and I love it. I got the casters from Performance PCs also. The casters look great and the case already has threaded holes for them from the factory. Here are a few photos of my case with the casters and the handles.

LianLi02.jpg

LianLi03.jpg

LianLi04.jpg

I think the interior would look sweet painted black.

I love the Lian Li EX-33b hdd rack along with a antec blue led fan, Makes the front look nicer.

Joseph42, SpazzAttack, fantomau,

Thank you for your help and the pics, that thing looks great.

I just ordered the casters and drive bezels for this build.

By the way, SpazzAttack is that a PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad I see in there? I was planning to use this PSU for this build also.

So far the specs are as follows, Asus Formula Maximus, Intel E8500 (when available), 4 GB of OCZ PC6400 C4, 2x ATI 3870, 4 150 GB Raptors and a X-Fi sound card. I also plan on using S-Flex fans.

By the way, SpazzAttack is that a PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad I see in there? I was planning to use this PSU for this build also.

Yes, that is a PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad. No other PSU is that color as far as I know. It works great. :D

Cool. I just wish that the indicators would come on only when a fan was in use, But owell, Still gonna snag one.

Oh BTW, I ordered the extender 24pin cable from P-PCS, Should be here today I hope.

Now I'm just waiting to get the T-70 top panel for my PC-A70, Which will be in at the end of the month.

Yeah, I know I could cut out the holes myself, But I dont have the tools, Nor the area to do so living in an apartment, So I'd rather let someone who knows what their doing do it, Or get 1 already done. Personally I'd like to get 1 120mm hole cut out and have THIS at the top with a blue LED fan

I have this pc case before but I return it. It's a great looking case with lots of room, there several things I didn't like about this case.

1.) The power button alway seam to stick in when you press it, sometime it doesn't release.

2.) The motherboard removable is strange and isn't user friendly, it doesn't slide out but instead it lock in place with screws. You have to tilt it everytime you remove it or put it back in.

3.) Reset button is very small, need use a pointy object to press it.

4.) It's a little tall for a full tower. If you install DVD case all the way at the top, it's kinda hard to reach it.

Beside those, I think it's a good looking case with great airflow and very quiet. I like the small LED at the top though, it's very attractive with blue and purple lighting.

I have this pc case before but I return it. It's a great looking case with lots of room, there several things I didn't like about this case.

1.) The power button alway seam to stick in when you press it, sometime it doesn't release.

2.) The motherboard removable is strange and isn't user friendly, it doesn't slide out but instead it lock in place with screws. You have to tilt it everytime you remove it or put it back in.

3.) Reset button is very small, need use a pointy object to press it.

4.) It's a little tall for a full tower. If you install DVD case all the way at the top, it's kinda hard to reach it.

Beside those, I think it's a good looking case with great airflow and very quiet. I like the small LED at the top though, it's very attractive with blue and purple lighting.

My power switch did that too, But doesnt anymore.

The reset switch is bigger than some I've seen and works good IMO.

I agree that the mobo tray isnt like the Silverstone cases that the whole tray slides in/out, But I didnt have any trouble installing my gear in and it worked well.

As for it being too tall and putting dvd drives at the top, Simple solution, Dont, Install them at the bottom, Thats what I did, My burner is in the lower bay and my Lian Li EX-33b is right above it, Leaving 1 top bay for a fan controller or whatever.

The case has GREAT airflow, Alot better than my TT Armor I had.

Cool. I just wish that the indicators would come on only when a fan was in use, But owell, Still gonna snag one.

Now I'm just waiting to get the T-70 top panel for my PC-A70, Which will be in at the end of the month.

You can turn the rheostat all the way off on the Sunbeam module; which also turns the LED off. :)

I want to get the T-70 panel also. Who is going to be carrying that panel?

nice looking case but how does it fair up againts the cosmos and stacker 830?

If you knew my history over at the Maximum PC Magazine forums, you would realize that's a loaded question! :D

The case I had before this one was an original CM Stacker STC-T01-UW. I wanted to get a new case. I didn't care for the looks of the Stacker 830 series, but with all the hype and rave reviews surrounding the new Cosmos 1000, I decided to give that one a try. I encounted over-heating problems with the 1000. I won't reiterate the problems nor will I post any links here to the threads I started at MPC. Just go to the MPC forums and do a search using the keyword "Cosmos" and the author "SpazzAttack" and you will know my opinion of the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 and 1010. ;)

I have no interest in re-kindeling those threads here!

I would say though that the modifications Cooler Master made for the Cosmos 1010 shows that someone at that company shares my opinions of the 1000 regarding the heat issues.

You can turn the rheostat all the way off on the Sunbeam module; which also turns the LED off. :)

Silverpcs.com will be carrying them 1st, Since they are a LL distributor.

They have the T-71 panel in stock, But not the T-70.

nice looking case but how does it fair up againts the cosmos and stacker 830?

How does it fair? Well, At least you dont need WC/LC on the PC-A70 like you would on the Cosmos 1000 to get good temps.

In other words, It BLOWS it away.

After thinking about it and looking at the location of the fans on the T-70, I think the top rear hdd cage/PSU area, May be very close to hitting the rear fan on the T-70 panel if the cage isnt removed and if the cage isnt removed, That it would kinda hinder the air flow of the rear fan on the T-70.

I've decided to let MNPCTech cut out a single fan hole and install THIS. Would only cost alittle more for this to be done, Then the fan would be in the middle.

I think that'd look cool with a blue led fan.

I'm looking at buying this case (or the A71B which is the same except for the front door), but one reviewer on newegg mentioned that the card support bar gets in the way of the power connectors on an 8800GTX. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't want to have to remove that bar...

Im looking to put a nice i7 rig inside this but everywhere i go (uk) it appears to be sold out.. discountinued?

Its still for sale in the states. At least it was the last time I looked at Newegg.

I have this case and enjoy it. I feel it's an exceptional enclosure with tons of room and plenty of quality features. It is also comparatively lightweight when compared against other like-sized enclosures (the XClio 1000 comes to mind). The only thing I had a problem with is the sheer price tag of this enclosure, and that there is no front mounted eSATA port in the I/O area.

In any event, you can read a review that I wrote on it here: Lian-Li PC-A70B Case Review

Im looking to put a nice i7 rig inside this but everywhere i go (uk) it appears to be sold out.. discountinued?
You're not limited to UK but can order from other EU countries.
Current exchange rate just could make it expensive...
(might have been people from other EU countries buying them because of exchange rate making buying from UK cheap)

there's the one with the door version out. can the door be removed
Sure. You can remove door for changing its opening direction and there's nothing requiring putting it back.
Removing parts in top edge and bottom which hold door would leave nearly identical front panel:
http://www.nordichardware.com/skrivelser_img/532/A71_5.jpg
http://www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?page=3&skrivelse=532
http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47658
(except three small screw holes on bottom and top and those small slots for door's latch)

well i have looked at the one without the door and the front looks different. the one with the door looks ugly imo

This case reminds me so much of the Silverstone TJ-06 (at least externally)...which is a good thing. I loved that case, it was my worse mistake to get rid of it because I can't find them ANYWHERE now. This however is very similar...only downside is they don't sell it with a window by default.

You can move the card support bar left or right a couple positions each way. There are screws that hold the bar to the top and bottom of the case. In some pics of the guts you may be able to see rows of holes towards the top of the case.

I put mine on the floor next to a big wooden desk. I brush the dog hair off the front intake with my hand. I blow the insides every 2 months or so as the components do not sexually arouse me that much anymore. Good case overall.

Back