Is BFG Manufacturing their 6800's yet......???

L.L.C.

n00b
First off, I just came from BBY with my brand spanking new 6800GTOC, and it looks well different. If I had a damn camera I'd post it. PCB is blue, same length as before, new cooler, looks pretty slick.

The cooler has a silver (aluminum?) cover over what looks like a completely copper HS, covering core and mem just like before. However, BFG added some, err for lack of a better term 'bling' to card. Mine has 2 fans on it and both are blue LED fans (looks pretty snazzy thru my little mesh window in the shuttle).

Now to my question......

1. Does BFG manufacture their own cards or do they get them from nvidia and modify?

2. If BFG is already making their own cards, why in the hell can't ATI get the XT-PE's out on the shelf, I assumed it was memory shortage or something to the like?

3. Besides the looks, does anyone know any differences between the old and the new?

Loading Doom 3 now........ :D

Oh yeah by the way, before I start a flame war with question number 2, I DO OWN both a 6800GT OC as well as a BB ATI x800 Pro (I loved the x800, huge improvement over the 9600XT, and so far the 6800GT OC is destroying the 9800Pro I had in the machine previously)

P.S. No, I don't have either of the older ATI cards, they have both been sold, thats how I was able to afford both of the new cards, total out of pocket expense for both of them $150.00

I really wish you could get a pic up. :(

--edit--
Oh thats the cooler they use to use on the 5950Ultra (and the Ultra and maybe the NU's too)

Wow, quickness, no need for pic, check link above, thats it.

-edit, well except it is a GT

L.L.C. said:
Wow, quickness, no need for pic, check link above, thats it.

-edit, well except it is a GT

you sure about that? id check the clocks and pipes with riva tuner if i were you... :eek:

crazy you need pics and sceens ...that cooling looks better than the stock gt

lithium726 said:
you sure about that? id check the clocks and pipes with riva tuner if i were you... :eek:

So you got a the GT with the non-ultra cooler? I'de be happy with both but I would prefer the
non-ultra cooler.

Wow, I wonder if they'll let me trade my reference design for that.

Back