Is Biostar's P67 B3 out before others?

I got my auto notification this morning for the GD55 on newegg. Almost decided to buy but decided to wait a couple more days to see what else develops. Actually it was decided for me.. Initially I decided to wait but about 15 minutes later I decided that who knows when they'll be available again and tried to add it to my cart. By that time it was out of stock. Doesn't really matter anyway because the rest of the parts for my new computer won't be here until mid-late next week even though I ordered them this past sunday (2/27) because amazon free shipping takes foreverrrrrrr (but saves you a lot!)...

Last edited:
Be nice if there was some heads up about when/if there will be more boards in a couple three days or a not till a month or so.

Mind providing a link to someone having done this successfully?

EDIT: Someone respectable like a legit review site.

I thought everyone read anandtech, see the right of the chart

limitedunlock_sm.jpg

Where I am at with SB CPU's is the 35nm archeticture isn't as robust to voltage. I hypothesize that yea Intel sells the K version with an unlocked multiplier but if you go much over +4 requiring voltage or disabling CPU power saving features???

Do these have EFI bios or standard? Not that I care too much but just curious about it one way or another.

I believe they do use the ami aptio EFI bios but with the old school interface. If you have a look at thier facebook page you can see they are working on a graphical skin for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF0hzbu4RsU

(Sorry not sure how to embed video on here, maybe somebody could fill me in)

The H67 board shows a UFI bios listed as most recent on their website so I am assuming the boards New Egg are shipping have it.

I thought everyone read anandtech, see the right of the chart

limitedunlock_sm.jpg

Where I am at with SB CPU's is the 35nm archeticture isn't as robust to voltage. I hypothesize that yea Intel sells the K version with an unlocked multiplier but if you go much over +4 requiring voltage or disabling CPU power saving features???

Did you actually read the page you took that chart from?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/...-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/3

That chart refers to the flexible turbo multi on some of the non K chips not overclocking them.

I hypothesize that you should probably stop hypothesizing.

The H67 board shows a UFI bios listed as most recent on their website so I am assuming the boards New Egg are shipping have it.

The BIOS is UEFI but the interface looks just like legacy AMIBIOS 8, the graphical skin will come in a later release.

Looks like the 3 day select shipping on these boards is more like 5 day select, NE should realy change the name on that.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I grabbed a MSI P67A-GD65. Fuck Gigabyte's bullshit base-entry board and Intel's fired-ass employee who didn't catch the Cougar Point flaw.

Back