Is Foldix hot swappable?

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
Any answers?

What I am planning to do is to take a small HD and plug it as the only HD on the main pc, let Foldix install and then shut it down and move it to the system I want to fold. Can it be done or not possible?

thanks all

If I remember correctly, this will work just fine. I believe mage said that this is one way to get it installed. The way the distro is setup, it's not picky about hardware like Windows is.

Kinda off topic, but where can I download foldix? Ive been searching google forever and all I find is this russian site thats unreadable.

gta95 said:
Kinda off topic, but where can I download foldix? Ive been searching google forever and all I find is this russian site thats unreadable.

search this forum for "foldix howto". Youwill find a thread with ISOs and install instructions.

very interesting. i'll have to give this a go some night when I'm bored.

SmokeRngs said:
If I remember correctly, this will work just fine. I believe mage said that this is one way to get it installed. The way the distro is setup, it's not picky about hardware like Windows is.

QFT

Guide, download link, my email. Any questions, feel free to ask via email or post it here.

Yes. It'll also set up 2 for Hyperthreading machines unless you turn HT off in the BIOS. It's very very difficult to tell the difference between a single p4 with HT (where one process would be best) and two xeons with no HT (where two would be best), so I just gave up and made it start as many processes as it sees CPUs.

MustangWorld said:
I'm guessing that the system needs a HDD installed?

Correct. If you wanted to try running without a hard drive, you would need to run Fold Server but that's for multiple machines and it's not the easiest thing to get running.

I just have to figure out what happened with Foldix and it's onnecting to the internet. I think I made it mad by swapping the internet connection around to different machines. As in, using Windows ICS to share the internet connection. Main machine with the internet connection sharing it to two other machines. And don't say anything about use a router as the setup is on a wireless router and being shared from that.

Back