Is it time for a new cooler?

So, I decided to drop in a Q9550 to upgrade my aging E6420 from a couple years back. I knew going to a quad core - with a higher TDP than the C2D - would result in higher temps, but I wanted to see if the mine are reasonable or if I just need a better cooler.

The patient:
Zalman 7700CNPS (yes its oldish)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Corsair HX620
XFX 4890
4x1GB OCZ Sli-Ready PC6400
WD Caviar Black 640
Arctic Silver 5
Coolermaster Centurion 5 -- 1x 80mm intake -- 1x 120mm exhaust -- 120mm on the bottom of the PSU.

This setup (details below) with the C2D (mildly OC'd to 2.8) in a room cooled around 75 would idle in the low 30's and top out around 45. With the quad all at stock, I'm idling @ 40-41 and topping out around 70 with P95 running on all four cores. I thought I had read somewhere on here about AS5 needing to "cure" for a period of times before you saw your best temps ,but I don't know how much that would realistically improve the temps.

I'd like to OC a bit,maybe to 3.2+, but I'm not sure that this cooler can dissipate the heat quickly enough. The names I keep running into are the True, Noctua and Xigmatek so I wanted to see if there are any real differences between them or should they all be adequate for the task. Also, would adding any additional case fans make much of an improvement?

Sorry for the longish post and thanks for the help.

no that cooler wont cut it for overclocking the q9550.. as for the TRUE, Noctua, and Xig take a look at the heatsink round up thread that was just done by [H].. all the numbers are in there.. yes i know its for the i7 but the numbers are comparable to the c2q's.. but out of those 3 options.. the TRUE is the best performance wise.. if you can still find one.. noctua is second best but most expensive but worth the cost in silence.. and the xig's the cheapest and well worth the buy over the other 2 options..

You don't have to worry about temps. Just try to keep things below 90C and you're fine. The CNPS7700 should be enough for some light overclocking, but if you want to get serious you should upgrade to something better like sirmonkey suggested.

Back