is it worth to upgrade my dtek spiral A-XP block to a DD RBX or TDX?

thabub

Limp Gawd
I have a CSP 750 black dtek version with a spiral block and a single 120mm heatercore. It is cooling a mobile athlon xp that is at 2.6ghz @1.8v. My temps are 41ish(+/-2C) idle and under load it maxes out about 51-53C. I am going to add a DD maze4gpu block to my new 6600gt but from a previous thread everyone decided that the single pump would be enough to cool both blocks. Should I upgrade to a DD RBX or TDX ($35 and $45 respectively) while I add the gpu block? Can a single CSP750 handle this setup? Any input is greatly appreciated.

I have almost the EXACT same setup as you:

D-Tek Spiral Block

CSP 750

Single 120 Rad

Mobile AXP 2500 @ 2.6 GHZ

What case do you use? I have the kingwin aluminum case

I would think that the CSP 750 could handle another block just fine.

P1010010.jpg

I have all this in a chieftec dragon esque custom mid tower. So does anyone know if the csp750 will handle a newer block, either DD tdx or rbx AND a DD maze4gpu block? Thanks.

I heard some really bad things about the CSP pump, besides they are about to realase a new version. If you want to read more about the problems with the pump go to the forums at procooling.com and do a search. I think that a beefier pump should handle two blocks and you can stay with the dtek spiral.

I know all about the pump leaks around the impeller shaft into the motor assembly and kills it. I have been running my pump without any probs for about 6 months. I have the version2 black model from dtek, not the crappy original csp blue pump. Thanks for the advice though.

I have a similar setup, except for the block. Your temps, if accurate, seem too high for your setup. Upgrading your block should help lower temps. My AthlonXP is 2.6 @1.85 and my temps at load are 15C lower.

What rad are you using?

yea I was about to ask what radiator you are using.

Also, a TDX with nozzle 5 will give you better performance, however if run in series with another block (gpu) and just the one csystems I think performance would suffer.

Those csystems pumps, while i wouldn't recommend them to anyone, are pretty cheap so you could always pick up another (rev3 this time) and run it in series.

I have a sneaking suspicion however that your bottleneck may be a small radiator.

I am using a dtek procore 120 heatercore, or chevette whatever you wanna call it. I have it running in a push pull config with 2 aluminum frame 120mm on a fanbus. They are both shrouded. I always thought my temps were too high too and posted about it a long time ago. I just assumed it was because of the spiral block being an old design AND it is on an ABIT nf7-s v. 2.0 which supposedely reports temps up to 10*C high. Right now my temps are 38C core and 28C case writing this. Not too bad. So should I get a new cpu block and add a gpu block OR add a new pump and a gpu block and leave the cpu alone? THANKS :)

thabub said:
I am using a dtek procore 120 heatercore, or chevette whatever you wanna call it. I have it running in a push pull config with 2 aluminum frame 120mm on a fanbus. They are both shrouded. I always thought my temps were too high too and posted about it a long time ago. I just assumed it was because of the spiral block being an old design AND it is on an ABIT nf7-s v. 2.0 which supposedely reports temps up to 10*C high. Right now my temps are 38C core and 28C case writing this. Not too bad. So should I get a new cpu block and add a gpu block OR add a new pump and a gpu block and leave the cpu alone? THANKS :)

Well, it is not your rad.
Overclockers.com has a review of the Dtek Spiral and don't seem to care for it too much.
http://www.overclockers.com/articles996/

Sounds like the block is your problem...

Back