Is .m2ts multichannel?

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
So my dumb self just realized that the 00000.m2ts file inside of a bluray rip contains the whole movie and that i can play this with any player that can do .mkv. Can anyone confirm to me (seeing as my setup is semi-broke atm) that this file output multichannel audio, as in 5.1. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The problem with this method is that often times the audio on a blu-ray disc is in an HD audio format. With MPC I can only get foreign language audio playing, because blu-rays expect you to take the HD audio and decode it into basic 5.1. I know that you can rip the disc structure off and use a tsmuxer to remux the file with downgraded 5.1 audio, but is there a method to do this on the fly? An HD audio codec? Thanks for your help.

-darkmatter08

Use mediainfo to see what sound formats are available.
There arent any movies that dont have standard def sound tracks as well as HD sound.
ie all movies have standard def sound

But from what I have tried, it is always in foreign language. The way blu ray players do this is that they grab the HD audio stream and only use the 'core' of the track, basically, the DD or DTS. The m2ts files don't seem to have the english DD track from the blu rays I've tried to rip.

-darkmatter08

But from what I have tried, it is always in foreign language. The way blu ray players do this is that they grab the HD audio stream and only use the 'core' of the track, basically, the DD or DTS. The m2ts files don't seem to have the english DD track from the blu rays I've tried to rip.

-darkmatter08

If you dont verify what tracks you have, you wont know what tracks you have.
Your presumption about the HD sound being used is wrong.

You can use the HD audio track but it will get downsampled by the software before its passed to your speakers.

Ended up resorting back to iso after realizing many blurays don't contain the whole movie on a single .m2ts file. Oh well.

UT

Get HdBrStreamExtractor its a gui for Eac3to

extract your streams
audio-->FLAC
Video-->MKV

open up MKVMerge
insert your streams
mux to mkv

Done.

Back