Is my 1.5TB screwed?

cxz001

Limp Gawd
hdtunebenchmarksamsunghz.png

Please help. This is a brand new Samsung 1.5TB Eco, It's really really really slow. Especially when installing things.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional. ASUS M4A79XTD-EVO, Athlon II X4 620, 4GB 1600 DDR3.

Everything seems about right
Access time is pretty high though, but it is a eco drive you shouldn't be running applications or windows on this thing man.

Get a small 200-500gig drive that's 7200 rpm and do your stuff on that, this is not a blazing drive, more so for putting music,movies and stuff that doesn't require fast seeks and reads/writes.

It's like buying a Prius and asking wtf this thing can't go from 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds.
Or taking a woman home at the bar and wondering why she looks like crap in the morning.
Or making eggs in the microwave.

You shouldn't have got a green drive for os and windows.

It's like buying a Prius and asking wtf this thing can't go from 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds.
Or taking a woman home at the bar and wondering why she looks like crap in the morning.
Or making eggs in the microwave.

You shouldn't have got a green drive for os and windows.

lol..

What do you need it for? We could all say get a SSD, but not everyone is willing to fork out that much money right now. Same goes for the Raptors...

just gaming and downloading large files at the same time.

On the same drive? Large files will kill the idea of using a SSD and gaming and downloading don't go together.

You are going to need two drives here my friend.

Keep the eco drive as a data drive and buy the Kingston 40GB SSD for your O.S. drive. Newegg has them now for $130.

Back