Is my Amd x2 CPU running too hot ?

WhDemon

Limp Gawd
Maybe its just me or w/e

Is 54C Load too high for my Amd x2 5600+ CPU ? its no o/c'ed

That isn't dangerously high, no. Probably could use a little more airflow in your case, though.

[H]exx;1032772346 said:
My 5000+ BE is OC'd to 3.01Ghz with a decent HS on it. It runs at 55-60C under load w/an ambient temp of ~65F.

Right now it's ~83F in my room and I am running at 36C idle.

IIRC AMD specs say max temp is 70C...or maybe that was 60C :confused:

[edit] Found it: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=80 55-69C for the lazy (depending on proc).

Im kinda border line.

I got a 120mm back fan and a 140mm PSU Fan for the airflow.

Room temp is 76F

Your temps hardly constitute anything dangerous to your hardware.......period. Your fine bro. If you want lower temps, add as superior HSF with supeior TIM and/or more air flow in your case.

Are you running the stock HSF with the crappy wax thermal pad??? That would explain your temps

Are those brisbane cores? What software do you guys use to get those temps?

You're OK. It's not going to fry. It just seems a bit on the high side, that's all. I'm using a Black Edition X2 5000, running at 3.1 GHZ, and CPU temps are at about 40-45 C.

If you want to lower it, get some better case cooling, a better heatsink, and some good thermal compound (I prefer Arctic Ceramique).

I just put in a 6400 and after tossing out the thermal pad I installed Arctic Silver, not silver 2, 3, 5, or ceramique. While looking for spare MB screws I found an old tube of the first Arctic silver ever made. With the stock cooler I run at 43C idle and after an hour of 100% load testing I bounced between 68C and 69C. High but not dangerous under the circumstances.

Back