Is my ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe a dead board on Arrival? GGRRRR!!!

wasserkool

Limp Gawd
So, this weekend I tore apart my current rig with watercooling to install the new mobo. My hardware config is the following:

AMD X2 4800+
2GB OCZ PLatinum RAM
X1950XTX
Creative X-Fi
600W silverstone PSU

So after setting up everything with the new board, I proceed to turn the power on. The computer did turn on but nothing is displayed on the screen. My Antec P180 does not have a speaker so I can't really tell whats going on with it.

I turned the system off and cleared the CMOS and turned it back on again and the same problem happened.

Is my board dead?

I would recomend getting a pc speaker to see if your getting any errors before freaking out.

Also are you getting a signal to you monitor or is it staying on standby?

No signal to the monitor and it remains on standby mode. I am pretty sure my 1950XTX is not busted.

You dont have a old pc speaker kinking around?

I had a couple of "Oh Sh1t" moments when i was setting this mobo up for the first time, I must say its a pretty moody platform, but when she's hot, she's hot.

i will rip off an old PC speaker and try it tonight. I am so pissed at this board now...

I should've just used an NF4 chipset instead ;(

Hmm. I really want to try one of those boards there. If you feel that it's a little finicky for you, I'll trade you my A8N-Sli premium for it...as long as I can RMA it if it needs to be done. My A8n-has worked trouble free through three dif installs now.

Rhentno said:
Hmm. I really want to try one of those boards there. If you feel that it's a little finicky for you, I'll trade you my A8N-Sli premium for it...as long as I can RMA it if it needs to be done. My A8n-has worked trouble free through three dif installs now.

I am not sure if i can RMA it as i bought the board on ebay. The seller has a 30 days DOA guarantee so hopefully I can get my $$ back :(

Hi again. I've been doing a bit of reading on that board and have to wonder what bios your running on it. There have been a bunch of crappy bioses from Asus for that board but one of the last versions, 0323 I believe, seems to be better. I would Google: bios A8R32 and see what comes up.

I think that the best thing you can do (right now) would be to get a speaker. At least that way there you can get some post-codes and see what you're looking at from there.

Do you have a fan hooked up to the CPU fan header? Some boards won't boot if a fan isn't hooked into it.

RyanVM said:
Do you have a fan hooked up to the CPU fan header? Some boards won't boot if a fan isn't hooked into it.

This is what I was going to suggest also.

Back