Is my i7-2600K running hot?

I just upgraded the ASUS p8p67 Pro's bios to 1204 and i notice that the cpu reading from the bios says it's 127f/55c and the system just idling while in the bios. The previous bios v 0701 also registering 50c as well. It running the stock heatsink/fan? Is this temperature something I need to worry about since it's running kind of hot in my opinion. Any other Pro owner running stock cooler having similar high temps on their cpu? MB's temperature is in the low 20s Celsius.

In general you should be looking at load temperature. Idle temperature can be inaccurate.

Use RealTemp 3.67 in Windows with the system idle and report back. The CPU is generally not actually at idle in the BIOS.

Here is what Real Temp 3.67 is reporting.

realtemp367capture.png

Real Temp and Core Temp side-by-side

realtemcoretempscreencap.png

How accurate are these programs at determining CPU temperature? Thanks!

Your fine - saw the same temps with mine on the stock cooler as well while I was waiting for a new back plate for my Zalman.

Yeah the reason i was a bit worry was that during the heatsink/fan installation I had a hell of a time getting those 4 pin thing into the mobo and had to lift up on the thermal paste.. was worry about inducing bubbles into the paste, but from the time it appears to be okay (as you guys pointed out). Cool. I'm up and running then. I'm loving this 2600k even though I haven't over-clock it yet.

Once you start overclocking, you can try reducing your PLL voltage a tad. I dropped mine from 1.77 to 1.7 and it reduced load temps 5C with no loss of stability.

My MSI board says the temps are like 50 C in the bios, I ignore it.

I think PLL voltage won't do much on lowering the temp, as it only the voltage to support the data interaction on die processor. Cpu vcore is more likely cause the higher temp in your proc

I think PLL voltage won't do much on lowering the temp, as it only the voltage to support the data interaction on die processor. Cpu vcore is more likely cause the higher temp in your proc

I didn't think so either, but it made quite a difference for me. And that was on back to back testing (tested, rebooted and set the new PLL voltage, rebooted again and started testing) so no change in ambient conditions.

if you are worried about the temp of your cpu, you should replace the stock heatsink/fan with something better:)

I'm currently in Australia, were our temperature is like 25-32 outside - more like 30-35 in my house by the time I get home (closed up all day, takes air-con time to get around house etc).

I'm currently running a stock (non-OC) Intel 2600k with a UH-P12 SE2 (Push/Pull) in my Cooler Master HAF-932 (Stock fans) and while playing WoW getting temps between 36-42C. I'm wondering if I should be worried?

The Computer is under my desk in a corner (big gap between wall however, but no DIRECT fresh air) - or can I put it down to our horribly hot summer?

those temp looks fine to me. I don't you have anything to worry about as other have assure me as well :)

Hey guys, what kind of HSF do you guys use? I am thinking about upgrading my aged Freeer 7 pro to CM 202+. Is it worth it? BTW my mobo is ASRock which can let me use old schools.

Hey guys, what kind of HSF do you guys use? I am thinking about upgrading my aged Freeer 7 pro to CM 202+. Is it worth it? BTW my mobo is ASRock which can let me use old schools.

Is the 202+ similar to the 212+? The 212+ is a good cooler for the 2600K, especially for the price.

I'm going to be getting the 212+ on Monday. Probably won't install it until after the change out the recalled ASUS p8p67 Pro. I guess we'll see if i can wait that long :)

hmm.. I'm getting temps at 35 C idle on my 2500k and i'm not using a stock cooler.. Is my setup hot?

No 35C idle is not hot, but post your max temp, its more meaningful than your idle.

You should only care for your max temp....please post your max temp when loading lynx, or hyperPI or IBT or any other proc tester, there you know whether your temp is out of limit or not.

Back