Is my Mobo dead.

secretjade

n00b
Went to use my computer this morning and found a big problem. All the fans where on and leds. Looked like everything was ok, but the monitor had no signal. Rebooted and it continues to initialize with no success.

I have a striker extreme with a Q6600, sound blaster Xfi pro dual 8800gtx and 4gb corsair dominator 1066. The primary drive is a raptor loaded with vista x64 ultimate. Any help would be great.

Triple check all connections both internal and external.

Remove unnecessary components such as the sound card, then test individual components until you determine which is at fault. Test each stick of RAM individually.

Thanks for all the input. I came home from work, checked all the connections and tried to boot. The first time nothing happened. The second time it booted. I changed the voltage on the ram from auto to 2.1+. Should I change the ram voltage for channel a & b as well? I'm not happy with the striker extreme. The overclocking on the Q6600 sucks.

On another note, after I booted it said windows installed new updates. I'm not past blaming my troubles on vista but yet to be proven.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I've wanted too so bad. Waiting for something new to catch my eye before upgrading again.

If your graphics card is dead, you will still be able to turn the system on and hear windows music start. If it doesn't, then its a cpu/mobo/ram. Obviously your PSU works. Try pulling out and try 1 stick of ram at a time. If it still doesn't work you'll have to swap a CPU out. If it still doesn't work, RMA the board.

Back