deanx0r

Limp Gawd
My system:

Asus P5B-D
Intel E6600
2GB OCZ 1066 DDR2 SLi edition
eVGA 880GT SSC
Everything runs stock

This problem occured to me a couple months ago, but I didn't pay much attention to it back then.

Occasionally, my computer would not turn itself off after I shut it down from windows. The power, and fans are still ON. I didn't pay much attention to that problem until I shut it down from windows and failed to notice the computer was still ON. It ran like that for 8-10 hours, and upon reset, the computer would not post.

I tracked down the problem to a bad RAM module (one of two), and RMA it back to OCZ.

This morning, the same problem occured again. The computer did not turn itself off, and it wasn't until 10 hours later that I noticed the problem. Again, the computer would not boot. This time, it seems that both RAM module went bad, and I am highly suspiscious of the motherboard frying them despite running those sticks at stock speed and voltage.

Now, I don't think it would be fair to OCZ to RMA the ram again if my motherboard is frying it. What do you think would be the underlying cause of this problem?

FWIW: I put my computer down on stand by mode 99% of the time.

What power supply do you have? Power supplies can kill RAM as well.

Back