Is my PCP&C 425w PSU dead?

Grandmasta_J

Limp Gawd
Last night I shut my computer down for the night for the first time in about 2 weeks. Since that time I have restarted numerous times with no trouble whatsoever. When I wake up this morning to turn it on, I get nothing. Open the case to make sur all the wirs are properly connected. Everything is okay. I go to turn it on and it still wont power up. So I put in the old 350 w PSU that came with the casein there, plug all the wires up, and it boots like a charm. Is there anything I missed. Or is the power supply done? It's a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 425 Deluxe. It is the model WITHOUT the toggle switch on the power supply itself.

and eliminate all the duh gee potentials

a personal example
had my first rig plugged into a surge protector along with my monitors and some other equipment, and all of a sudden the computer\PSU didnt want to fire up, but all the rest of the equipment was fine
dual monitors, fax, cable modem ect

but

each socket in the surge protector had individual protection
once I hit that reset, everything was fine again

only took me 2 hours and one hysterical thread to push that button :p

on the bright side, that PSU should have a 5 year warranty
but even PCP&C can be killed by a surge, get some good power conditioning for it

Ice Czar said:
and eliminate all the duh gee potentials

a personal example
had my first rig plugged into a surge protector along with my monitors and some other equipment, and all of a sudden the computer\PSU didnt want to fire up, but all the rest of the equipment was fine
dual monitors, fax, cable modem ect

but

each socket in the surge protector had individual protection
once I hit that reset, everything was fine again

only took me 2 hours and one hysterical thread to push that button :p

on the bright side, that PSU should have a 5 year warranty
but even PCP&C can be killed by a surge, get some good power conditioning for it

Yeah, I thought of that already. :D I'll try it out again today after work when I have some time to actually mess with it. If it still is crapping on me, I'll shoot PCP&C an email.

they have very good warranty on it, could u still get it replaced/

I'm writing them an email today. It's only about one month old, so replacing it should be no problem.

Back