Is my Sapphire 4870 1GB dead ??

onick

Limp Gawd
it all started when, i start playing call of duty modern warfare 2 last night. while playing after 20 mins, my monitor suddenly lost power/goes into stand by mode. after a hard reset my computer, have no display and the gfx card fan running into full blast. i notice before there were 3 green led which were always on on the back side of my card, while the pc was running. now no green led lighting up. only the red leds blink once. it doesn't matter if i unplug those two 6 pin power cords. the pc behaved the same. everything turns on, gfx fan in full blast and no display.

i have tried the old 7400GS nvidia card i had, which worked fine. I have been running this setup for last 14 months and never had any problem, no over heating, or artifacts.

my pc config is as folllows: E6600 @ 3.2ghz. 5GB DDR2, ex 4870 1GB, samsung 640GB , samsung 1TB, LITE ON DVD writer, 3 case fans, 600watt psu.

this model Sapphire 4870 1GB i have.

*sigh* just noticed a guy faced the exact problem in newegg's review. he was still under warranty. the place i bought my card from only provided warranty for 1 year. so i guess, i am screwed. :(

Last edited:
lol! yup! i have gone through that baking thread already. came across a local shop who do the repairing of mobo and gfx cards. i will try my luck there first, if it didnt work out, my 4870 is going to the oven. Yum! Yum!

Back