Is the Logitech G502 better than the G9?

brncao

Limp Gawd
I have a G9 mouse, but the left mouse button is starting to wear out. It has served me well for 5+ years. I'm looking to replace it. I'm wondering if the G502 is a good mouse replacement?

Honestly I don't like the G502, coming from a 6 year G9x user. Aside from its little mechanical "quirks", the mouse feels awkward and big. I ended up buying a G303 about a week ago and so far I have been loving every bit of it. It's not a true G9x replacement but good enough.

I also ditched my 502 (great sensor, just not ergonomically a fit for me) for a G303 and have not looked back.

And the best part is the G303 uses the same amazing optical sensor as the G502! Thanks for that one Logitech.

If you have large hands and use palm grip then the g502 is IMO the best mouse on the market. I wish it was 15 - 20g lighter though, I had to actually increase the sensitivity in csgo because of it.

I was an avid G9x user. Was very sad to see that I couldn't buy it anymore when some of the buttons started to doubleclick when I was doing just a single click.

Bought the G502 and have never looked back. Great mouse!

Roccat Savu has the most smililar grip I found to replace my G9x. Damn you Logitech.

Replaced the dying switches on my G500 and then the scroll wheel started to go so I finally purchased a new mouse. After reading many reviews I decided on the Logitech G502.

The sensor is great and the main button clicks are nice. Those are the only positives for me.

Due to my grip the placement of the third (sniper) side button makes it completely useless to me, effectively making this mouse have one less button than the G500. The metal scroll wheel is pretty terrible, my fingers slip constantly so I must use greater force to scroll. When switched to smooth scrolling the wheel will move back the opposite direction when I let go.

Will be returning.

Last edited:
G502 is the best mouse I have ever owned. It took me quite awhile to adjust my hand to play on it though.. no experience with the G9 so take it with a grain of salt

I've been using my G9 for 7 years now. It's the best mouse I've ever owned. I got a G502 in February and tried to get used to it for 2 months but absolutely couldn't. It's a palm grip mouse, the left click is pretty bad compared to the G9, and the software gave me that bad tracking / spinning to the sky issue. I'm now searching for a new replacement before my G9 dies. I've tried the CM Storm Xornet which is sized similarly to the G9, but the index finger rest ruins my control. A Corsair M45 is in the mail now, and I'm hoping that'll work out. Otherwise I'm going to try a G303 or a Zowie FK2 or ZA3.

The G502 is a mouse that's all over the place in regards to its design and its biggest potential issue — depending on how you hold your mouse and what you play — is its weight. If you wish to stick with Logitech, the G402 and G302/303 are SKUs which make more sense.

Back