Is the overclocking the same for all dfi nf4 boards??

aeon

Limp Gawd
High, well I just put my system together and I made a mistake and bought the wrong board. I was looking for the dfi nf4 ultra-d but instead I got the nf4-d. Besides the different features, does this board overclock the same as the ultra+ models?? I've tried doing a search but I haven't found anything but the different features that the upper models had.

It should be capable of the same speeds as the higher priced models. It's got the same cooling and BIOS options as the other boards. Naturally, YMMV.
Here's a guide to modding it to SLi and SATAII, if want to. That'll make it a cross between the SLI-D and the Ultra-D; you'll have only the four SATA ports like the Ultra-D, but you can use SLI too.

Ozymandias said:
It should be capable of the same speeds as the higher priced models. It's got the same cooling and BIOS options as the other boards. Naturally, YMMV.
Here's a guide to modding it to SLi and SATAII, if want to. That'll make it a cross between the SLI-D and the Ultra-D; you'll have only the four SATA ports like the Ultra-D, but you can use SLI too.

How do they know which pins to connect?

Since all the chipsets are the same, they just compare which contacts come bridged from the factory. So, on the SLI-D, all of those contacts are bridged, while on the NF4-D those same ones aren't. Since the only difference in NF4 features between the boards is SATAII and SLI, you can logically figure out that the closed contacts on the NF4-D disable SATAII and SLI.

Don't worry about whether or not they've got the right contacts. I've performed the mod several times now, and it's been smooth sailing all the way.

Back