Is the T7500 2.2ghz supposed to be this slow?

crhscoog

Gawd
Hey, I had just finishing installing COD4 on my XPS 1330 laptop which has a T7500 Core 2 Duo processor (2.2ghz) and 3gb of ram. I had no other programs running and just left it installing so it took about one and a half hours to finish installing. Is this normal? It seems long to me, and I don't remember how fast it was to install COD4 on my desktop with Q6600 2.4ghz and 3gb of ram either. and also for the 30sec that I messed around with COD4 it seems to be laggy when loading the activision into and when in singleplayer it loads the mission it seems pretty laggy at beginning.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. Slow installs more often than not mean hard drive problems, or optical drive problems.

Well, the GPU is only an 8400m GS at best, so...

like when its loading its laggy, i know the 8400gs isnt the best video card to get but its capable of playing a 800x600 with no aa. with 2aa and high details its about 30fps.

Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. Slow installs more often than not mean hard drive problems, or optical drive problems.

i hope thats not that case. i dont want to complain to dell again. i already had 3 weeks of total debates with customer service on my current laptop and desktop.

edit: yeah 5400rpm

im guessing thats why... but 1 and half hours? eh...

Yeah...no reason it should take that long, even on a 5400. Sorry to say, I think you may have a screwed drive. Is it noisy? Clicking at all?

its pretty quiet. only thing to hear is the fans whenever it turns on high.

odd... ima have to test it out.. ill try install cod4 on my pentium4 1.5ghz single core with nvidia tnt2 32mb video card and see if it goes faster thats if itll even install.

and are there any programs that i could use to futher determine if hd is screwed up?

edit: also what brand is the harddrive? ima ask a dell rep right now and run a diagnotic test for that brand and see

Back