is there any vista driver for any motherboard yet?

Good Lord

n00b
As i have been searching for vista driver for every latest mobo chipset like nVidia, Intel so far no one has the driver out for vista yet only beta driver for vista.

but maybe its just me that can't find it. im not sure.

can anyone tell me if there any qualified vista driver for any chipset or mobo? please

thank you

Silly answer: "No, there are no drivers for any motherboards, and Vista actually does not run on any motherboard."

Real answer: I'm sure Vista comes with at least minimal support for pretty much any chipset that has come out up until two months ago.

Vista natively supports most, if not all, motherboard chipsets that are out there. I'm sure vendor drivers (i.e., from intel, ati, nvidia, via, etc) will be forthcoming in the next few weeks or couple of months.

No need for motherboard chipset drivers. I've installed it on a few computers and never installed those.

For my onboard audio I grabbed the XP 64 drivers from DFI and it worked great in vista.

No need for chipset drivers huh?

Care to explain why my nForce3 system is completely broken and my X800 can't start because the boxed chipset drivers are horrible? I can't even run Aero Glass because of nVidia's complacency and it's really getting old fast...

Care to explain why my nForce3 system is completely broken and my X800 can't start because the boxed chipset drivers are horrible? I can't even run Aero Glass because of nVidia's complacency and it's really getting old fast...

Don't use the boxed drivers. Drivers that came with the board are not for vista.

Just download your latest video card drivers and you're done. Worked fine for me. I have no chipset drivers installed at all.

Ever heard of www.nvidia.com ? you should check it out, it's a nice site. :rolleyes:

trying to use integrated nvidia sound has been a pain in vista. it works fine until something runs 2 streams at once, then the OS blue screens (this is on RTM). Vista upon restart tells you that its a problem with the nvidia sound driver, so that is the only problem i've had with my nforce board... which was easily resolved by disabling onboard sound altogether and using my USB headphones :)

Ever heard of www.nvidia.com ? you should check it out, it's a nice site. :rolleyes:
Wow, nice; way to be an asshat.

Yes, I have.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html

Beta 1 drivers from 2005. Whoop de fucking do. They don't work. They wont work. If nVidia is going to keep pimping the board as vista ready they better get some drivers for it.

You can act all high and mighty all you want, but try using a dual core CPU with a non nVidia AGP card and let me know how it goes. $100 says it doesn't work. And for the record VIA, SiS, etc have already fixed this problem (which existed on their boards too). nVidia doesn't seem to care enough to release a driver though.

Last nVidia product I own, thats for damn sure.

You can act all high and mighty all you want, but try using a dual core CPU with a non nVidia AGP card and let me know how it goes. $100 says it doesn't work. And for the record VIA, SiS, etc have already fixed this problem (which existed on their boards too). nVidia doesn't seem to care enough to release a driver though.

I do. And it works fine. All I do is install vista, install ATI drivers, soundblaster drivers and i'm done. All other drivers are installed with the OS. You don't need chipset drivers. Never have. I have never run chipset drivers in XP for any board I have ever owned. They were just never needed.

But i think i really need a chipset driver cos if i dont install chipset driver the Ethernet port wont be recognized, and that means no internet!!!

I have tried nVidia's beta 2 chipset driver and it only gives me sound but other problems still there. Most importantly, the Ethernet doesnt work that the worst thing.

But i do expect nVidia to release the WHQL drivers for vista to be out in this few weeks

For now im sticking with XP and there is no probs

But i think i really need a chipset driver cos if i dont install chipset driver the Ethernet port wont be recognized, and that means no internet!!!

I have tried nVidia's beta 2 chipset driver and it only gives me sound but other problems still there. Most importantly, the Ethernet doesnt work that the worst thing.

But i do expect nVidia to release the WHQL drivers for vista to be out in this few weeks

Had a problem with a weird NIC on a MSI K8 board. I just stuck in a $5 nic, and all was well. 1 week later, a driver appeared in the Vista updates. You''LL find that a LOT of hardware people don't even BEGIN to work on drivers, until an OS goes RTM.

You can just install the ethernet driver without installing the chipset drivers.

Though Vista should pick it up with no drivers installed by you.

Wow, nice; way to be an asshat.

Yes, I have.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html

Beta 1 drivers from 2005. Whoop de fucking do. They don't work. They wont work. If nVidia is going to keep pimping the board as vista ready they better get some drivers for it.

Hey, check this out. I am using an Asus Striker Extreme 680i chipset motherboard. On install and during first boot, Vista installed ALL neccessary drivers for my chipset, INCLUDING my nVidia ethernet driver. SMBUS is also included. It supports it be default.

Amazing huh?

Amazing, you are running nVidia cards which are well known to work.

It's the fact that non-nVidia cards (specifically ATI... nVidia's main competition) are completely crippled. Coincidence? I doubt it. Sure, it's not in their best interest to support the competition, but is it worth it to piss of a huge % of their customer base? I dunno. But they definitely lost me.

Span me the !!!!!!ism defense of nVidia. It is despicable that they are just outright fucking over all of us nForce3 users. Their website lists nForce3 as a supreme choice for Vista. If you ask me it sucks ass.

My whole Badaxe 2 based system can install Vista perfectly, in fact there isn't a hardware item without drivers after the initial install of RC2. That's right, native support ever since beta versions :D Getting a copy of Vista Business this week, should be a smooth install this weekend.

Mine installs fine and all I needed to add was the LAN driver but it is no surprise as Asus used some offbrand for the LAN on the P5B-E. That was the only driver I had to install even on the betas :)

(Well, ok, to be fair I had to install the driver for my Crystalfontz LCDs, but they are far from the mainstream and my XFI needed a driver as well, but I can handle two easy driver installs!)

I'm on ultimate right now with my Evga680i board and it did the ethernet thing for me. I'm assuming it did this for the storage/smbus right?

Nvidia lack of nForce drivers continues to be an issue for my dv9000z CTO laptop running mobile nForce 4 and a Geforce 7600 Go (which is only supported with hacked drivers).

I have long been a fan of Nvidia and Hewlett-Packard but it's about time they started to do some work which my money has bought.

Back