Is there any way to have tabbed IE?

BobTheSlob

Limp Gawd
I'd very much like to use IE, but I'm too addicted to tabs. As much as I like Firefox 1.0, it doesn't render alot of websites well (mainly WoW sites).

Any way to have tabbed IE? Maybe a browser shell type thing that doesn't really do anything but stick IE in a tabbed interface. That would be great.

dariob said:
I have never heard of such a thing.
Neither have I. You might try Opera. I understand it's a good browser, and it tabs.

Firefox works for me everywhere, but I don't go to the sites that you mentioned. Maybe they will fix those sites soon.

Even though I'm shuddering at the fact that I'm giving someone a reason to continue to use IE...

I'm pretty sure Maxthon is what you're looking for. It's built on IE and has tabbed browsing as well.

deansfurniture5 said:
Even though I'm shuddering at the fact that I'm giving someone a reason to continue to use IE...
Fifty lashes with a wet noodle.

You really should be ashamed. Now the guy can get spyware from multiple places simultaneously ;)

deansfurniture5 said:

I'm pretty sure Maxthon is what you're looking for. It's built on IE and has tabbed browsing as well.

Exactly what I was going to say ;)

You'll have all the functionalities of IE, but with popup blocker and tabbed browsing.

Tab IE lol

if getting infected by 1 windows isn't enough - now you can be attacked by all your open tabs

I think you would like Maxthon. I tried it out and I would much rather use Opera but it is basically IE with alot more feutures including tabs.

i use maxthon, no problems here.... so sick of hearing how everyone that uses IE will die... and their computer will burn. such a load of bs.

For me, it's not a load of bs. I had nothing but problems when I used IE, but that's just my own personal experience.

Chris626 said:
For me, it's not a load of bs. I had nothing but problems when I used IE, but that's just my own personal experience.

i've been using IE since it was introduced.... never had a problem.... including spyware, the only spyware ever found on my machine is those damn tracking cookies and you get those in firefox as well. just don't be an idiot and IE is fine....

You can be plenty safe using IE. Just set all optional security features to DISABLE or PROMPT, and hit "NO" fifty thousand times everytime you visit a page. Thats what I did before firefox.

I'd like to suggest Avant Browser. I like it much better than firefox. never had any problems with it, and it seems quite powerful / versatile. has popup blocking, and blocking for a lot of other things (disable java applets, scripts, activex) available easy to find. also like its cascading of tabs.

deadoralive said:
i've been using IE since it was introduced.... never had a problem.... including spyware, the only spyware ever found on my machine is those damn tracking cookies and you get those in firefox as well. just don't be an idiot and IE is fine....

Same here. I don't know what the hell everyone is surfing to bitch so much about IE but it's obviously the sites that I don't visit. Now that IE has a pop up blocker it's better but tabbed browsing would be a nice addition.

Impact9 said:
Same here. I don't know what the hell everyone is surfing to bitch so much about IE but it's obviously the sites that I don't visit. Now that IE has a pop up blocker it's better but tabbed browsing would be a nice addition.

IE lacks too many features, even basic ones like tabbed browsing and mouse gestures, to be suitable for common use, in my opinion. Security is one issue, but it's far from the only reason to switch.

Give anything else a shot, even one of those IE add-ons, and you'll see that right away.

PikachuMan said:
IE lacks too many features, even basic ones like tabbed browsing and mouse gestures, to be suitable for common use, in my opinion. Security is one issue, but it's far from the only reason to switch.

Give anything else a shot, even one of those IE add-ons, and you'll see that right away.

I am trying out Firefox for the first time and it seems very similar to IE except for the tabbed browsing. How do I try out these "mouse gestures"?

Back