Is there gonna be a max payne 3?

from gamespot reported on Mar 10, 2004:

"However, Lapin surprised some by confirming Take-Two's intent to make Max Payne 3. "There'll be another Max Payne," he said in a presentation at the 17th Annual Bear Stearns Media, Entertainment and Information Conference. "I think we'll take a few years to make the next one that much more spectacular is what we have to do. But it's clearly a brand that everybody knows.""

article

a target release date hasnt been posted

gamespot page

They can take all the time they need, those games pwn. If they can match the texture quality of MP2 and take advantage of the normal mapping/pixel shading going on today, it could be a near rehash of MP2 and I'd be happy. Hell I'd like to see a game made of Address Unknown m'self :D

J Macker said:
I loved the Max Payne storylines. Best FPS, imo!
wasn't it a TPS? (third person shooter)
I only played the first one, I assume the second was the same?

Zinn said:
wasn't it a TPS? (third person shooter)
I only played the first one, I assume the second was the same?
Yep, both are third person. Except when you zoom with the sniper rifle iirc.

The last line of the MP2 credits:
"This will not be Max's last trip through the night"
Though I don't think there are any details at the moment.

I just hope it's a bit longer than the last one... Six hours just doesn't cut it. Though I played through it so many times, I probably got at least 50 hours out of it :D .

sadly that is the way of FPS's now... generally short 6-10 hours. I wouldn't mind getting an old school FPS like Unreal that takes what seems like forever (was at least 15 hours)

I'd love to play another Max Payne game. There are a few Max Payne wanna-be's on xbox that I tried out, but they're just not the same.

Maybe that's why it's taking Remedy to make Alan Wake so long, because they work on MP3 simultaneously... that would awesome, it would be even better if they stole crytek's engine and made MP3.... aaah one can only dream.

Think of all the particles you can have in scene now. All the destruction and mayham you can cause during slow mo mode will be freakin sweet. Hopefully seeing bodies fly up in the air more naturally almost doing cartwheels and junk then landing on the top of there head falling with perfect weight distribution. Then probably have his arms move when you shoot the gun or do some kinda gunkata kinda stuff. Oh why not in the middle of the game almost go into a mortal kombat kinda mode. Like you and a boss both want to go mono e mono without guns so you drop your weapons and just do a straight fist fight with no gui ala fight night 3. Oh and at the end of every comic book cinematic it will morph from the comic to you in the game and thus never have a loading screen.

Also they can not make it for ps3 and xbox 360 at the same time so it will be dumbed down for pc gamers just because it has to be dumb down for those retards.

psychoace said:
Think of all the particles you can have in scene now. All the destruction and mayham you can cause during slow mo mode will be freakin sweet. Hopefully seeing bodies fly up in the air more naturally almost doing cartwheels and junk then landing on the top of there head falling with perfect weight distribution. Then probably have his arms move when you shoot the gun or do some kinda gunkata kinda stuff. Oh why not in the middle of the game almost go into a mortal kombat kinda mode. Like you and a boss both want to go mono e mono without guns so you drop your weapons and just do a straight fist fight with no gui ala fight night 3. Oh and at the end of every comic book cinematic it will morph from the comic to you in the game and thus never have a loading screen.

Also they can not make it for ps3 and xbox 360 at the same time so it will be dumbed down for pc gamers just because it has to be dumb down for those retards.
hole crap, as I type this I swear I would not touch another game ever. That would be a game of all games.

Just so you know Remedy isn't making Max Payne 3, that is why they are making Alan Wake. The rights only belong to take two now, not Remedy anymore.

i would like to see a third max payne be a bit longer.

MP2 was awesome so was one but the story in one got out of hand at the end

I still need to get this game. I'm not sure why I never picked it up. If I remember correctly, it's pretty short, right? For $10 I'm ok with that.

The first two are great games. I hope they make a third, but I am starting to become sceptical, as there has been no news for literally years about a third game.

CompuDrew said:
I still need to get this game. I'm not sure why I never picked it up. If I remember correctly, it's pretty short, right? For $10 I'm ok with that.
Go for it! I was able to max out FSAA/AAA w/TAA and AF on MP2 with my OC'ed 9700p. You should be able to run it locked at your monitor's refresh rate :D Very enjoyable especially if you liked the first one.

PliotronX said:
Go for it! I was able to max out FSAA/AAA w/TAA and AF on MP2 with my OC'ed 9700p. You should be able to run it locked at your monitor's refresh rate :D
Yeah, I could just about max it out on my Ti4400. Those guys definitely know what they're doing when it comes to engines.

ewb302 said:
I hope they make a third, but I am starting to become sceptical, as there has been no news for literally years about a third game.
My money's on a target release coinciding with the movie (not much info there...), apparently due out in 2007. Let's just hope they don't have to rush it out the door to meet the deadline.

Back