Is this a good cooling kit?

Providence

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835128015

The reviews seem to indicate that it is...this is my first time building a computer and I want to do a cool job of it, so when my QX6850 arrives (got it cheap) I want to put some kind of liquid cooling on it. I've got an Antec 900 case and an evga 680i (A1).

So if I want to OC a bit, will this be a good start for me? I just want to cover my GPU (8800GTS, might get a second one or wait till 9800 comes out) and the processor...thanks in advance, anyone.

With a monster air cooling case like a 900...

why not stick in a $60 performance air cooler and be done with it?

You'd probably outperform that watercooling kit.

"Performance" air cooler...? *googles*

Anyway, some reviews of that are sketchy, but most are positive...I was just wondering what anyone else thought of it.

Glad you posted this, New egg shows 71%, 5 out of 5s, and 20% 4 out of 5s, so it's pretty well reviewed on 59 total reviews.

Just looked up the VGA coolers and they look tight, and are only $16 a piece. The Swiftech blocks for my vid cards run like $150+ for a pair. I may actually be able to afford this gigabyte setup.

Looks like you should block out some time to install it as it is a bit difficult to install, by reading the reviews.

Id stick a thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme in there before running that kit. Your temps would probably be just as good as that water kit becuase of all the air flow in that case. Save your self some $.

Back