is this a good deal? e8400 + ecs mobo = 159.99

yup. its a good one. you can probably sell off the mobo for ~$25-30 and get the proc for less than $130 (almost 50% off newegg).

lol actually i want the mobo for a cheap small form build im doing but i dont know how much e8400's go for if i were to resell it

I have an extra one of the ECS 7050 boards you can have for $20 if your in the Seattle area

e8400 is going for resale at avg ~$175-180 now. thats what i sold my NIB e8400 few weeks ago.

Prices on the C2D and C2Q chips are going to fall within the next month for sure, if not the next 2 weeks. The original price drop was scheduled for early August but has supposedly been moved up to July 20. Prices will drop about $20 on the C2D line if the reports are correct.

so i should sell my NiB e7200 and q9450 before the 20th then head to frys for e8400 when they drop it down to 140 plus a free board !!

i dont think frys is going to lower their price anymore than this guy for awhile. i think they have this sale is because of the upcoming price drop.

i dont think frys is going to lower their price anymore than this guy for awhile. i think they have this sale is because of the upcoming price drop.

Well, here are the proposed cuts: http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7759.html

With the E8400 at 163, if Frys doesn't sell it for less, they certainly won't sell it for more. You're unlikely to break even by selling the E8400 (consider tax + shipping to sell the 8400) and probably better off paying someone $20 for theirs. Frys has these combo deals very frequently, so unless you need the board now and are confident you can sell the 8400, I would wait.

I wish we had a fry's here.
You have no idea how many times I too have wished for their buttery yummy goodness down here in NW Florida LOL. But on the other hand, I'd then be so damn broke it would be pitiful.

i wanted a frys or microcenter when i was in new york but since im in socal now i have both within 10mins of where i live

if anyone picks up one of these combos, I'm willing to PP $35 for the board, shipped. PM me, please!

You have no idea how many times I too have wished for their buttery yummy goodness down here in NW Florida LOL. But on the other hand, I'd then be so damn broke it would be pitiful.

I'm in Ohio and second all those emotions! :D

Sure glad I don't have a fry's in my town.
I would be broke LOL

this is an very good deal

hot deal

i would give you green karma for this if kyle would allow that option

the other day people in fs section had e8400's at 135$ shipped 155$ with a TRUE .. very low! i bought mine for 160.. after pp fees gas to post office shipping etc you will prob lose money.. not to even mention ecs mobo's arent top of the line and prob should just get something else..

Wow sweet deal. I'm debating whether to sell my 4400+ X2 939 (they go for $150 on ebay) and buy this + the $25 ram they also have today (after $40 rebate).

I have ECS G31T-M motherboard with Q6600... if you're just using it for basic uses it's not that bad.. plus it has integrated video if you want to save money. as far as overclocking you can adjust FSB.. but that's about it :(... it does what I need it to do though :D

Back