Is this a video card problem?

Kathy

Limp Gawd
My computer screen every once in a while will draw up from the bottom (get smaller) and sometimes it does it from the top and bottom. It's jerky when it happens but the rest of the screen looks fine. I don't THINK it's the monitor because I use a KVM switch and I can switch to the other computer and it looks fine. Guess it could be the KVM switch also? Anyway to test the two of these to fine out what the problem is? I have a EVGA 7800 GTX video card, Nec FE950 monitor and Geni (4 port) KVM switch and I'm running WinXP Pro. Thanks! :)

Kathy

does it pop right back or does it stay smaller?

nice machine, btw

very truly yours,
politenessman

perp said:
does it pop right back or does it stay smaller?

nice machine, btw

very truly yours,
politenessman

Thanks! It doesn't seem to last long, only a few minutes at most. But it seems to come and go more and more now.

Kahty

Well I have to correct a statement I made earlier. I said it didn't do it on the other computer when I used the KVM switch but it does. So I guess that means it can only be the monitor or the switch, right? Is there an easy way to check the monitor? Thanks!

Kathy

Disconnect the KVM switch and connect one computer directly. If the problem persists you can rule out the KVM ;)

Flo said:
Disconnect the KVM switch and connect one computer directly. If the problem persists you can rule out the KVM ;)

Good idea! I'll try that.

Can the monitor refresh rate have anything to do with this? And is it safe to try different settings for it? Thanks! :)

Kathy

Sure, you can try different resolutions and refresh rates as long as you stay within the monitor's specifications.

Thanks Flo!

I'll try those out when I get home tonight. I hope it's the KVM thingy but with my luck it will be the monitor. :(

Kathy

Back