Is this even possible?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
well i ordered a video card from new egg on monday, i was checking the tracking results:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/974315/fedex.JPG

is this even possible to go from california to georgia in 42 min? could there possibly be 2 of the same tracking numbers? cause i live on near the west coast i dont know why it would go back to the east coast

Mapquest says it's 2475 miles from Oakland CA to Hapeville GA, on roads.

So if went via ground, 2475 miles divided by 42 minutes is 59 miles per minute, or 3536 miles per hour.

Schweeeettttt

There's a whole sequence of events that don't make sense. Indianopolis to Ft. Worth in under an hour? That's a friggin' fast jet to get scanned, flown and recanned in 49 minutes.

Yeah tracking stuff is wierd, my stuff sometimes travles across country in a couple hours then takes two days to travel what should be an hour or two

They stole the idea from the CDW commercial where the guy was trying to figure out how to use wormholes to ship parts faster!

Tangent said:
They stole the idea from the CDW commercial where the guy was trying to figure out how to use wormholes to ship parts faster!

That's the problem with those wormholes. You can send stuff really fast, but you're never quite sure where it's going to end up. They tried sending it from Jersey, but it ended up in Indiana. Then, in a few more failed delivery attempts, it wound up in Texas, California, and Georgia.

Don't be surprised when a package finally arrives at your door and is something else entirely that popped out of the wormhole from somewhere else.

CellBlock said:
Don't be surprised when a package finally arrives at your door and is something else entirely that popped out of the wormhole from somewhere else.

Douglas Adams is in cahoots with the shipping industry, now? :confused:

Wow, I just realized that in 4 hours and 16 minutes, your package traveled from Jersey, to Illinois, to Texas, to California, to Georgia. Dude, Connecticut to Jersey is tough to do in 4 hours, nevermind a round country trip. They have to be doing above Mach 4. Thats unheard of...

Hate to burst everyones bubble, but this was mostlikely caused by two of the same tracking number floating around or by a bad barcode.

Back