Is this G11?

WarMace

Gawd
With G11 out of stock in most locations I gave my local dealerships a try.

The 4th shop i called still had some of the "Old blue stuff". The parts department said its g11, but its not listed on the bottle. It is blue in color. Can anyone identify?

coolent.JPG

I dont want to muck up all my nice new parts with the wrong stuff.

Also how can i tell if this is premix or not? I dont want to cut it with water if its already mixed.

Yes, mix with distilled. 9 or 10 to 1 ratio.

It's not pre-mixed.

G12, without silicates, is the red stuff.

Apparently you cannot mix G11 and G12, at least in cars, so lots of shops should still have it.

Dealerships don't usually sell 50/50, so I'd bet money it's a full gallon of coolant. How much did it cost?

That seems to be the part number for G11 from what I can tell. Perhaps Petra would know for for sure if he is around.

How much did it cost?

$23~ I think. Not a bad price for 128oz. I would part it out and sell it, but ill leave that for the pro's. ;-)

Volkswagen Gallery
918 Providence Hwy
Norwood, MA 02062

(781) 762-6820

If you ask for pentocin, they have no idea what your talking about. And they really look at you strange when they ask you Make/Model, and you tell them that your a hobbiest, and its for a project.

Yup, I've asked in a local VW dealership, they have the same thing for same price. Didn't buy it, I still have a couple of bottles from Petra :)

Thanks for the information. I ordered a gallon from a VW dealership... I forgot to ask how much:D ZVW 237 105

Back