Is this normal for Diamondtron tubes?

aggressor

Limp Gawd
I have bought *two* 22 inch Mitsubishi\NEC monitors (Diamond Plus 200 and FE2111SB) and both of them have the same geometry problem. Instead of trying to explain it, I've made a picture:

monitor0df.jpg

And before anyone says to mess with the geometry settings, I have! There isn't one that fixes the problem, unless I somehow managed to miss it numerous times. Is this a known problem with the tubes, or am I somehow really unlucky? My previous two monitors, a 19" Sony G400 and a 17" Sony G220R had zero issues with geometry.

I am not that good with monitors but I think your monitor is crapping out sorry to say.

My 2060u does not have that problem, i can't get the sides perfectly straight but the top and bottom are fine.

Have you tried the naviset adjustment software? it won't give you anymore options but does make things easier.

Yea, I've used it. There doesnt seem to be a geometry option for this kind problem in any case.

That is very interesting... It is strange that it is happening on both CRT's. Have you tried moving them from their current position and moving anything magnetic away? (Although I would assume that you would see discoloration as well..

I did have a Diamondtron-based CRT recently that had its fair share of geometry problems but nothing like that. The problems I had with mine had to do with the top ~1/4" of the screen being stretched vertically. Also, the sides had some "pincushioning" that was hardly fixable using the OSD. Strangely, both of these problems seemed to be more apparent (but still noticeable) when the refresh rate was set above 100Hz.. I wish I could be of more help.. just thought I'd share my experiences, and I hope you get it figured out!

I did have a Diamondtron-based CRT recently that had its fair share of geometry problems but nothing like that. The problems I had with mine had to do with the top ~1/4" of the screen being stretched vertically. Also, the sides had some "pincushioning" that was hardly fixable using the OSD. Strangely, both of these problems seemed to be more apparent (but still noticeable) when the refresh rate was set above 100Hz.. I wish I could be of more help.. just thought I'd share my experiences, and I hope you get it figured out!

1 of my NEC FE2111SB monitors has that 1/4 top geometry issue.

How can I solve this ?

That post you quoted is 9 years old, that user hasn't been active for 2 years. Hopefully his email is set to receive quoted posts.

That post you quoted is 9 years old, that user hasn't been active for 2 years. Hopefully his email is set to receive quoted posts.

So, your point is ?
Maybe someone else knows.
My monitor is from 2003.

thanks

I've owned many Diamondtron screens, and never had any noticable geometry issues. The current 19" Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 454 screen I've been using for the past 9 years looks fine.

Could you post a picture Rob, so we could possibly help? The original photo hosted is gone, so I can't help you without it.

Back