Is this okay for an E6750?

Stubwub

n00b
I'm running an E6750 on a DFI LP LT X38, with 2 G.SKILL 1GB DDR2 1066 modules.

I've got it set to 1:1, with the memory running at 450MHZ and 4-4-4-12 at 1.95V.

The CPU is set to 1.3V, with the multiplier set at 8. So it's sitting at 3.6 GHZ right now.

I'm a little concerned, because CPUz is reporting the CPU voltage at 1.328 under load (and idle) which is over the 1.3V I set it at. I'm also seeing my ram at 1.89V despite the fact I have it set at 1.95..

My hardware monitor is reporting conflicting temps as well. It says my CPU is at 52C under load, while it lists the cores both at 59C under load. When idling, it reports the CPU at 30C, but the cores at 40C. The chipset temp seems to hover around 38-41C at all times.

So I'm confused which temp is real, and if those temps are too high.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm using a Zalman CNPS 9700 cooler. So it's all air for cooling..

Go by the core temps, and yeah those temps look fairly typical so no worries there. If you'd like some confirmation as to the accuracy of those readings you could also run 'coretemp' along side to see if they're consistent.

As far as your cpu voltage, that seems a bit strange, as it usually will show a bit lower than your bios setting, not higher (vdroop). So I'm not sure what the deal w/ that is, as it's kind of backwards from what is typical.

Not sure about the ram voltage being reported either, but i can say that mine does the exact same thing. I haven't really had any reason to be concerned about it though.

you probably have load line calibration turned on.. but its still within spec and the temps are fine.. it wont really hurt anything..

btw set your memory voltage to 2.0v if you want to stay at ddr2 900 or if you want to go back to ddr2 1066 it will have to be at 2.1v.. (the weird voltage your seeing on the memory is called vdroop.. the cpu and memory both suffer from it..)

and it sounds like you either have some messed up sensors or the hardware monitor is completely wrong.. id say load up speedfan and check the temps on there.. load up the cpu and see which numbers change to match the core temps to see what it shows... if they dont then just ignore the cpu temp in your hardware monitor.. the actual core temps are right though..

Thanks, I'm a little less paranoid now. I'll bump the voltage to 2 on my memory. I still cant get an accurate reading on my cpu temp, but the core temps are always the same through out these different apps.. so I'll go by that.

Hopefully things hold up come summer time, when it's a lot hotter..

Edit: Oh, I forgot to ask about the line conditioning thing. Isn't that "Vdroop control' on the DFI boards? I have that disabled but it still gives me 1.328 despite the fact it's set at 1.3.

Back