Is this seller trying to scam me for a 2800MP proc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mope54

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm not sure where this goes in the forum (hopefully it's ok to even be on the board because I would like some help from you guys). Here's what happened....

I won this auction last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6812561689&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

and then I recieved this email this morning:
Item: Athlon MP 2800+ (6812561689)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
kryptic.designs is the seller.
---------------------------------------
Good morning, before I ship this out I wanted to verify that you understand that this sale was for one processor only, I had 2 auctions going and didnt realize until last night that the wording looked like i was selling 2 processors in each auction. If you were under the understanding that you were receiving 2 processors then I will gladly refund your money. Please let me know asap.

I paid immediately for the auction and 2nd day air. I ran a search on his name and he had a simultaneous sale worded exactly like this one. It looks like he was using two auctions and selling to the highest bidder of the two. There isn't any way he could think he was getting ~$380 for two of these [used--that's the price of two new ones. What are my options?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would get your money back. That auction reads as though you bought 2 processors for $157.50 plus shipping. Not one cpu.

The seller screwed up.

Yep, get your money back. The pictures and the wording on his auction states 2 not 1. There is very little lee-way for misunderstanding his auction description.
GL.

I have 2 Athlon MP 2800+ processors for sale. They have been retired out of my server for 64bit upgrades. Both processors functioned normally when pulled.

his description with bolding done by means, clearly states he is selling two procesors

Thanks for the responses. I'll just get a refund and sell my board, I guess. what a bummer...I was hoping to run my new duelly.

why not, people make mistakes. everything was resolved well in the end, no?

well looks kinda weird to me i mean he didnt want to sell them both to mope54

so he relists them both again in one auction? looks like he was trying to get away with sending only one cpu the first time hoping he could just sell the second one later and make more money

mope54 said:
I'm not sure where this goes in the forum...
If this had happened in our FS/T I would have moved it to the Tips/Tricks/Trolls sub-forum.

However, we are not a support forum for ebay. Just because you were bidding on a processor doesn't make it an AMD issue any more than buying a game on ebay would make it appropriate for the Games forum, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back