Is this Vista SP1 Final?

On one of my machines, the update wouldn't show while my others did. I had to run Microsoft Update multiple times and got several unrelated updates, downloaded and installed them and on the next check, the SP1 update was showing. Keep at it, the servers have to be slammed.

On one of my machines, the update wouldn't show while my others did. I had to run Microsoft Update multiple times and got several unrelated updates, downloaded and installed them and on the next check, the SP1 update was showing. Keep at it, the servers have to be slammed.

Well, there are prerequisites to the SP1 update.

And OP... You can download the standalone install if you'd like. Just remember (if after applying all other updates) that Microsoft may have determined you have problematic hardware: which is why they aren't offering it to you yet.
So you've been warned ;)

I checked for updates twice, and both times it said I was up-to-date. So I downloaded the x86 standalone and it installed flawlessly in about 36 minutes. So far no issues.

Hmm do you think those updates are region locked ?

I'm in Poland but with orginal English Vista Bussines and regional settings set to Polish so if you guys can download it so should I. Poland hasn't received Polish version of SP1 yet so I wonder if those two things are connected.

Back