Is this what I think it is

weasel2htm

Limp Gawd
is this a virus? it was in an autorun.inf on the root of my jump drive I've backed up my stuff and formatted my jump drive, I will scan the folders and files with Symantec before putting them back on.

[autorun]
;bplionjebovzqfpnoejzqcdelul
shellexecute="RECYCLER\S-7-5-65-100013563-100031083-100004547-1832.com e:\"
;bzghajgxbtclrowmcxpcuoxylhglxgbtkfvkqgrsojbfzdczbsrmqqmfpjsubottuzxilhyymtdljjamkesagtnl
shell\Open\command="RECYCLER\S-7-5-65-100013563-100031083-100004547-1832.com e:\"
;mpqfmhosthlozryyvbdbafyxnacokjvpnmivkhtswurtgpwckfgcerabkanssfrgwwqviuixk
shell=Open

Possibly:

It's running a file called S-7-5-65-100013563-100031083-100004547-1832, located in the RECYCLERS folder, with a target argument of E:.

No legitimate program would be stored in a location like that, IMO. Nor have slam-typed names like those.

is this a virus? it was in an autorun.inf on the root of my jump drive I've backed up my stuff and formatted my jump drive, I will scan the folders and files with Symantec before putting them back on.

Yes it is :(

ninja edit: forget norton, get avast, or avira or nod32 and give your files a deep scan

Yes it is :(

ninja edit: forget norton, get avast, or avira or nod32 and give your files a deep scan

This was my work jump drive we have Symantec 10 here, I probably should scan it at home using AVG.

I need to re-vamp my old jump drive with the utils I need for when I'm working on a machine that I suspect has a virus, then I can format and replace the utilities if something happens to it, or better yet, when I'm done working on that machine (been wanting to for a while).

BTW, thanks guys for confirming my suspicions.

I've had to reformat after I took my usb drive to school, I hate those things. I was using Avast at that time, but something still managed to get messed up.

So when you do plug it into your computer, hold Shift for about a minute before letting go, that way the autorun.inf won't run. After that, right click and explore on your drive and go to tools --> folder options --> view tab --> "Show hidden files and folders" After that, you should see the autofun.inf and RECYCLER that you need to delete.

Unless you already did all that lol. At least this can help other people out.

The shift trick has never worked for me in Vista but always has on XP even though Microsoft says it is valid for Vista too.

Hold Control, hold Shift, press Escape, voila... Task Manager... could be an issue of timing the keypresses so they happen at the same time, but I have never seen a situation on any machine with Windows from 95 to Windows 7 where that didn't bring up Task Manager. It's probably my third most used keyboard shortcut next to Alt+Tab (task switcher) then Windows+E (Explorer). I use those things constantly...

... could be an issue of timing the keypresses so they happen at the same time, but I have never seen a situation on any machine with Windows from 95 to Windows 7 where that didn't bring up Task Manager..

He's just talking about holding down the Shift button when inserting media into a drive, which will nix the autorun/autoplay. Such as when sticking in a USB drive, or inserting a CD into the drive and getting stuck waiting for 30 seconds while some agonizingly long splash screen appears.

Shift key for 10 seconds while closing the CD tray or
Shift key for 10 seconds while plugging in an external or removable drive = no autoplay or explorer opening

Works from Win95 to present.

Hold Control, hold Shift, press Escape, voila... Task Manager... could be an issue of timing the keypresses so they happen at the same time, but I have never seen a situation on any machine with Windows from 95 to Windows 7 where that didn't bring up Task Manager. It's probably my third most used keyboard shortcut next to Alt+Tab (task switcher) then Windows+E (Explorer). I use those things constantly...

It was about holding the shift key to stop autoplay from running and not bringing up task manager. shift never stops autoplay for me on Vista so it is broken on Vista probably due to UAC. Maybe if I held it for 2 full minutes it would work but that is way too long to waste my time. UAC makes autoplay ten times longer to start than it does on XP already. It has never worked for me on any install of Vista so why does it work for you guys and not me?

Back