Is this X1800XT score bad?

Bulletproof

Weaksauce
I don't use 3D Mark very much, in fact this is my first time trying '05. Anyway I got a score 9000. Here are my system specs:

Athlon FX-57 on RDX200
Radeon X1800XT
1GB Corsair XMS RAM, I forget the specs here, I think 2-2-2-5, running in Dual Channel.

All of CCC is on default settings, no overclocking.

BTW after seeing the graphics that 3DMark '05 can produce it almost looks like the way PS3 game graphics look according to the early screenshots, but I guess the PS3 doesn't have to run high resolution or do heavy anti-aliasing etc.

I thought when the XT was about to be released, it was only getting 9300? Or was the the XL?

Bulletproof said:
I don't use 3D Mark very much, in fact this is my first time trying '05. Anyway I got a score 9000. Here are my system specs:

Athlon FX-57 on RDX200
Radeon X1800XT
1GB Corsair XMS RAM, I forget the specs here, I think 2-2-2-5, running in Dual Channel.

All of CCC is on default settings, no overclocking.

BTW after seeing the graphics that 3DMark '05 can produce it almost looks like the way PS3 game graphics look according to the early screenshots, but I guess the PS3 doesn't have to run high resolution or do heavy anti-aliasing etc.
seems about right with default settings....

Huh ? :confused:

No, 9000 is not low for a stock speeds X1800 XT.

It's supposed to score between 8800 and 9200. Depending on your other system's specifications.

Memory timing and frequency, CPU frequency, etc. A couple of things can "decrease" the potential of a score on a specific system. But 9000 isn't low. It's what you can expect from such a card.

Heck, even some reviews scored 8900'ish. Visit www.gpureview.com

There is a list of all known reviews of the card. A few of them didn't score even 9000. Not many that is, but it does happen.

You can be happy with 9000, don't worry mate.

Seems about right for a that combo. A 10K would require some overclocking to get there...

With a FX57 on the RDX200 board with that board I scored a 9100. Just for reference.

What driver are you using?

My XT with my processor at 2.5GHZ is 9099, so I think your numbers are a little low. But I know R1ckCa1n scores are low with that motherboard as well, but its scores better with his NF4 board.

AACDIRECT said:
Seems about right for a that combo. A 10K would require some overclocking to get there...

With a FX57 on the RDX200 board with that board I scored a 9100. Just for reference.

What driver are you using?

I'm using CAT 5.11, everything in CCC is default, so catalyst AI isnt set for performance I think..

just oc and youll break 10k if you want to break 10k, otherwise its a gr8 score

lol, you're proven wrong on a forum and now you resort to fighting phrases? Internet tough guys are awesome.

On-Topic. That score is fine, and when run at default, 3dmark05 runs at 1024x768 with no AA, so it should look blocky compared to next gen consoles. You can crank the res and AA up, with a corresponding drop in score, however.

Back