Israel Bans iPad Imports

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was going to make a big joke about the iPad being banned in Israel but, to be totally honest, I just don’t have the energy today. I must be coming down with something.

If you had thought to buy Apple's new iPad tablet computer any time soon and bring it to Israel, you may have to change your plans: Starting yesterday, the Communications Ministry has blocked the import of iPads to Israel, and the customs authority has been directed to confiscate them.

Hmmm, more iPad WiFi issues, this is intresting and I wonder if it has something to to do with the delays to Canada but particularly Europe based on what this article was saying.

WTH? When did Israel pass the law banning the iPad? I've searched but haven't come up with any information regarding the ban as of yet...

RTFA, there is no 'specific iPad law.' It's because the radio power is too high and does not meet their standards. It would be like trying to bring a device in to the USA that breaks FCC transmit power rules.

In the meantime, he says the device is in a customs warehouse, and he is being charged for every day it remains there.
Hmm, declare the iPad and have it taken away from you and THEN charged for the storage fees OR don't declare it and risk getting fined. Tough one.
You can always remove the Apple labels and declare that it's the JooJoo or the new GooglePad.

Hmm, declare the iPad and have it taken away from you and THEN charged for the storage fees OR don't declare it and risk getting fined. Tough one.
You can always remove the Apple labels and declare that it's the JooJoo or the new GooglePad.

Jailbreak it, totally change the interface, "Apple doesn't support multi tasking, see."

At least there is one smart country out there.
All confiscated iPads subject to firing squad.

sure, that'll work.

They don't mess around there: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/17/israel-guards-shoot-laptop

as to the OP, more signs that this project shows some very un-apple stumbles out of the gate.
From the article:
"
Mike Hunt wrote: "To hell with this pathetic wretch and her ventilated Macbook, she is a whiny little wannabe who should go back to Egypt get a netbook and have a nice day sympathising for the poooooor Palestinians." Others suggested it was her own fault for using a Mac instead of a PC.

Mike Hunt. Really? This news source seems a bit daft.

Sounds like it's similar to the US bans on smartphones several years ago. "They use too much bandwidth so no internet phones allowed"

Back