Issues, issues, issues

gotchya

n00b
Before I list my problems, I have to say that this is my first build. Therefore, I am not the most knowledgable person. My spec's are in my signature...

Alright...First problem- No post. Everything was working just fine last night, but when I turned on my computer this morning, I got nothing. I reset the CMOS via the jumper and I still get nothing. I am thinking it may be from my overclocking attempt the night before, but the CMOS reset would have taken care of that, wouldn't it?

Second: I am having issues with my RAID setup. I had that working earlier this week, but when I updated windows (Still with SP1; NO SP2), everything went to hell. I can't see the drive in Device Manager, but I can see it on bootup when it goes through the RAID utility.

Lastly, when the desktop is loading, the screen goes blank for about a second, the CPU usage goes up to 100% for about a split second and the computer locks up for that second. The cursor goes to the middle of the screen and won't move for a short while after. Someone suggested that it may be because of CCC starting up. If this is true, I was wondering if I can run CrossFire without using CCC.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
gotchya

I am guessing the 2nd and 3rd issue was going on before the system wouldn't post? Does the system power on at all? Fans spinning?

Yea, everything is workin. Fans spin. UV lights are on. I even think the Hard Drive is spinning as well.

The RAID problem was actually happening before it stopped posting. I updated windows and it stopped working after that (I think there was an update for the RAID driver, but I don't know for sure).

What did you over clock, your video card or cpu? Do the usual. Unplug parts one at a time and try to boot up. Try different parts if you got em.

Only CPU. I tried to keep the RAM at 200mHz. It ended up being around 204 with a 5/6 fsb ratio.

The thing won't even post now. I tried using 1 stick of RAM- nothing. I tried only plugging in the power connections on the mobo- nothing. I have reset CMOS and I get nothing. I took out the battery for 5 min and replaced it- still get nothing. I have no idea what it could possibly be.

Help please :(

Back