Issues Running SATA with NF7-S2

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
Alright i'm getting rid of running ATA and im going to run full SATA now. I've completely disconnected all my other hard drives and hooked my primary sata hard drive up to the SATA 1 slot on my nf7-s2... alright and now after i hook the Hard drive up and restart my computer, it won't let me go into my bios and change anything... it just sits at the boot and goes really slow and freezes. Then i just unplug the sata cable from the motherboard and restart and it runs fine and then goes into the windows loading screen. Should I enable the SATA Raid on my motherboard? and can I start to run the windows install and then plug the hard drive in throughout the install so that it see's the hard drive?

Thanks

Alright I read up on Abit-s Forum and it seems that there's a few people that have had this problem and there is no solution. Possibly a defective motherboard when it comes to SATA being a primary boot option... but I guess i'm just going to have to format my ATA hard drive and use my SATA drives and storage like usual. Until I go and buy a new mobo that will work with SATA as my primary hard drive.

lol this is rediculous... now that i'm running ata again and have windows loaded... when i plug my sata hard drives in I can't even get past the boot menu to load windows because it locks up with them hard drives plugged into the sata slots... lol i'm about ready to throw this POS out the window.

Back