Issues with Windows 7 x64 and Itunes

Curious if anyone has had any issues with the current version of Itunes and Windows 7 x64. Every time I try to sync my Itouch 32gb with ITunes it errors out. Works fine with Windows 7 x86 or windows Vista x64. The only OS I have issues with is 7 x64.

Curious if any of you have had the same issue and if any of you know of a fix?

Curious if anyone has had any issues with the current version of Itunes and Windows 7 x64. Every time I try to sync my Itouch 32gb with ITunes it errors out. Works fine with Windows 7 x86 or windows Vista x64. The only OS I have issues with is 7 x64.

Curious if any of you have had the same issue and if any of you know of a fix?

Nope, not a problem for me and I'm using Win 7 x64 HP
with an Ipod Shuttle.

Does Win 7 see the device?
Is the USB connection itself the problem?

Not sure what else it could be, but check and make
sure that services are started for Itunes.

I have one called "Ipod Services".

My wife and I are both able to sync our iPhones with iTunes on separate Windows 7 x64 boxes. They were plug and play once iTunes was installed.

Itunes is working fine on my Win7 64 system as well with my new Nano 3G (the fattie).

Is your touch flashed to the latest Firmware?

My iPhone 3GS syncs pretty much flawlessly in Win 7 x64 ultimate. I sync about 6 gigs of music and around 20 gigs of movies to it. Don't know what the problem could be so I can't offer a solution.

well maybe the problem is with the Ipod Touches.. I'm running the latest version of the 64bit Itunes.. Just strange how I can sync with no problems with the 32bit version of 7 on the same machine but when I install the 64bit version I have issues.

Does it matter if you create the Itunes library in 32bit? Would suck if I had to reinport everything in the 64bit OS.

What I did when Upgrading from Vista to windows 7 is I took the Itunes folder from the music folder and copied it to a USB drive. Then after I formatted and installed 7 I copied the Itunes folder back to the Music foldier and installed Itunes.

Backing up and restoring the itunes folder should work. Just in case it caused your problem, rename it to itunes.bak and allow itunes to make a new library, import a few songs and try syncing. You can always restore the itunes.bak to itunes.

The Win7 64bit installer for Itunes is flawed. When it asks for source directory it defaults to program files(x86). Manually change that to program files and it should work fine.

Cheers!

The Win7 64bit installer for Itunes is flawed. When it asks for source directory it defaults to program files(x86). Manually change that to program files and it should work fine.
How is that a flaw? It is always best to let the installer use whichever directory it uses as a default. It doesn't make a difference one way or the other in the actual usage of the application. Changing it shouldn't hurt anything, but there is certainly no reason or need to do so.

Back