It.. appears! FOXCONN 8800GT product page is up!

Just a few little additions to DX10. Considering DX10 is hardly used yet, i wouldnt worry about 10.1 the least bit, meaning by the time devs start to use 10.1, the card will be well on its way to being outdated anyway.

Another one makes an appearance... combined with the 112 SP spec this should be a cheap beast!

msigeforce8800gta167919fb1.jpg

at least that looks better than the goofy foxconn cooler.

Don't they have different box/sticker art for different regions? That must just be the eastern stuff you're seeing and they will have the usual retarded robots and/or monsters for us westerners.

Anyone else like me and waiting on this card with some very very hopeful attitude for a cheap, amazing upgrade/new build? If so, what do you guys think? Buy it as soon as it hits the shelves (with good benches) or wait it out until the new ati card comes out and buy the better of the 2?

Yup. I'm going to hang tight with my GTS 320MB until tax time, sell it and get whichever of the two is better, along with a new CPU and motherboard (if the prices on old Conroe chips drop enough).

Tax returns, i assume. Early Feb if your quick.

Not too hard to be quick imo, most people just suck at time management (or any form of management whatsoever). I'll wait until more info is out on these cards instead of making accusations like wildfire... I've got an 8800GTS 640MB that's heavily OC'd and unless I see more than 25% performance increase WITH high AA (none of this 2-4x crap), then it's not worth another $200+.

LMAO....nice chops......any could just cut paste stuff on a pic......

lets see some ACTUAL HARDWARE????

Another one makes an appearance... combined with the 112 SP spec this should be a cheap beast!

[img*]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2135/msigeforce8800gta167919fb1.jpg[/img]

I'm still not sure why you think its based off the 8800 tech and not the 8600.

8600 = HTPC, regular ram sizes, 128bit bus
8800gt (from the "specs") = HTPC, regular ram sizes, 256bit bus
8800gts/gtx = No HTPC, Odd Ram Sizes (320, 640, 768), 320/380bit bus

because its called the 8800 GT? ;)

Which also would make 0 sense if its better than both a gts, gtx and even ultra, which some of the "tests" have shown.

But hell, if the card can levitate I guess it can be whatever it wants :p.

I'm still not sure why you think its based off the 8800 tech and not the 8600.

8600 = HTPC, regular ram sizes, 128bit bus
8800gt (from the "specs") = HTPC, regular ram sizes, 256bit bus
8800gts/gtx = No HTPC, Odd Ram Sizes (320, 640, 768), 320/380bit bus

Which also would make 0 sense if its better than both a gts, gtx and even ultra, which some of the "tests" have shown.

its based on g92 which is supposedly a high end core so what could this possibly have to do with an 8600? of course there will be higher end G92 or G90 version to take the place of the 8800GTS and GTX. I agree it does seem a little odd and I dont know who will be foolish enough to buy the current 8800GTS when this thing comes out.

its not gonna be faster than a GTX.

its based on g92 which is supposedly a high end core so what could this possibly have to do with an 8600? of course there will be higher end G92 or G90 version to take the place of the 8800GTS and GTX. I agree it does seem a little odd and I dont know who will be foolish enough to buy the current 8800GTS when this thing comes out.

its not gonna be faster than a GTX.

Well honestly I don't believe anything from 99% of these rumor sites. I was just trying to point out that he is comparing it to the wrong specs.

From what the sites have said the specs will be, its more like a beefed up 8600 than 8800. Basically bump the shaders and bus from the 8600 and you have this fabled 8800gt.

Also, considering its exactly what people had wished would happen, I take it with a bigger grain of salt because making up news that people want to hear will get more views and more links back to you.

Well honestly I don't believe anything from 99% of these rumor sites. I was just trying to point out that he is comparing it to the wrong specs.

From what the sites have said the specs will be, its more like a beefed up 8600 than 8800. Basically bump the shaders and bus from the 8600 and you have this fabled 8800gt.

Also, considering its exactly what people had wished would happen, I take it with a bigger grain of salt because making up news that people want to hear will get more views and more links back to you.
well considering how long the the G92 has been talked about and that you can find the cards using a price search I doubt what we are hearing a few days before release is false. also the card is already listed on gpureview.com if that means anything. Im not sure what all the real specs are but this card looks to be no where near an 8600 in performance.

well considering how long the the G92 has been talked about and that you can find the cards using a price search I doubt what we are hearing a few days before release is false. also the card is already listed on gpureview.com if that means anything. Im not sure what all the real specs are but this card looks to be no where near an 8600 in performance.

gpureview says it has 32 tmu and 24 rops, just like GTX. i highly doubt that.

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-8800-GT-card-544.html

doesnt a GPUreview person post here? id like to know how you came up with these specs?
has gpureview been known to be wrong in the past?

hey goldentiger, i was looking at everst chart again and the only conclusion i can some to that makes sense, is that the 8800 GT has 28 TMU and 16 ROPs.

Well what I find funny is this:

1) G92 is the official name that Nvidia uses when talking about their high end part way back in the day
2) G92 is what all the rumor sites call 8800gt, as its the only name NV has released (afaik)
3) Foxconn, the manufacture / company, calls it G96, but rumor sites say it must be a Typo (wtf? How often does the company selling/making the card get their info wrong and rumor sites right?)
4) "Benchmarks" show it out classing the 8800gts/gtx in some tests
5) "Specs" show it has less power than the 8800gts.
On germany website Hardware Infos we can see screen from Everest. Most informations are known, but one record is distressing. 16TMUs. With 600MHz core clock, G92 theoretical FillRate performance is only 9600MTexel/s. For comparison, GTS has theoretical 12000MTexel/s (500MHz*24TMUs), and Ultra 19584MTexel/s (612MHz*32TMUs).

Sounds to me like one or two of the sites just got ahold of one of the promo pics (most likely from Foxconn's upload folder) and photoshopped / 3d modeled it, and made up a nice story to go along. Most of the pics we saw from rumor sites looked totally fake / modified, and no people were ever in the pictures nor the cards ever placed in a system.

Well what I find funny is this:

1) G92 is the official name that Nvidia uses when talking about their high end part way back in the day
2) G92 is what all the rumor sites call 8800gt, as its the only name NV has released (afaik)
3) Foxconn, the manufacture / company, calls it G96, but rumor sites say it must be a Typo (wtf? How often does the company selling/making the card get their info wrong and rumor sites right?)
4) "Benchmarks" show it out classing the 8800gts/gtx in some tests
5) "Specs" show it has less power than the 8800gts.

Sounds to me like one or two of the sites just got ahold of one of the promo pics (most likely from Foxconn's upload folder) and photoshopped / 3d modeled it, and made up a nice story to go along. Most of the pics we saw from rumor sites looked totally fake / modified, and no people were ever in the pictures nor the cards ever placed in a system.

finaly some common sense

also the 8800GT has 16ROPs right? vs 20 on the GTS and 24 on the GTX, how is it supposed to out perform either one 0,0? and why would they admit defeat to the 2950pro/xt before is launch if the curren GTS should be around that level too.

too much BS and Hype going around as people get antsy

actually like i said everest doesnt compute texel fillrate correctly. see here with the gts, it say s they are both the same, but clearly not since the gts has 24 tmu and 24x500 = 12,000 Mtexels/sec. but pixel fillrate is correct, 20x500 = 10,000.

IF the 8800 GT is keeping same 4 to 1 sp to tmu setup as G80 ( 128sp/4 = 32tmu), then the 8800 GT has 28 tmu (112/4) and 16 rops.

id like to take this time to thank valve, i for one will not be vid card shopping for a while because my spare x1950 pro will run tf2 nicely, thx valve. but i still look forward to seeing how everyone likes their 8800 GT.

finaly some common sense

also the 8800GT has 16ROPs right? vs 20 on the GTS and 24 on the GTX, how is it supposed to out perform either one 0,0? and why would they admit defeat to the 2950pro/xt before is launch if the curren GTS should be around that level too.

too much BS and Hype going around as people get antsy

Yep, like I said here or in the other thread, they just spew bs that people want to hear, so that people jump all over it and post it on every tech site (even multiple times), yet they have no sources or hard info, just their dream card.

I mean who doesn't want GTX performance for 1/2 the price? Sign me up! NV won't release another midrange card that offers great performance until they have a new king of performance to keep their prices higher. They are a business, not your buddy trying to get you a great deal.

actually like i said everest doesnt compute texel fillrate correctly. see here with the gts, it say s they are both the same, but clearly not since the gts has 24 tmu and 24x500 = 12,000 Mtexels/sec. but pixel fillrate is correct, 20x500 = 10,000. and just a general fact, tmu power is FAR more important than ROPs. ROP power comes into play at very high resolutions without any AA.

gf8800enqh6.png

actually like i said everest doesnt compute texel fillrate correctly. see here with the gts, it say s they are both the same, but clearly not since the gts has 24 tmu and 24x500 = 12,000 Mtexels/sec. but pixel fillrate is correct, 20x500 = 10,000. and just a general fact, tmu power is FAR more important than ROPs. ROP power comes into play at very high resolutions without any AA.

gf8800enqh6.png

I see your 8800gt and raise you a 9800GT U2 Edition

9800gtu2lw0.jpg

gpureview says it has 32 tmu and 24 rops, just like GTX. i highly doubt that.

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-8800-GT-card-544.html

doesnt a GPUreview person post here? id like to know how you came up with these specs?
has gpureview been known to be wrong in the past?

I am that person. Mike entered the TMU and ROP numbers. I entered just about everything
else which I got from Foxconn's page when it was still up. I really do think that G96 on that
page was a typo. I have seen the manufacturer pages for over 5,000 video cards and during that
time I have seen plenty of typos and wrong information. It happens.

[sarcasm]
Has GPUReview.com been known to be wrong in the past? Of course not. Everything on our
site is 110% true and factual. We are always right and when people say otherwise, they are
the ones that are wrong. We get our information on video cards directly from God, so just like
God, we are perfect.
[/sarcasm]

We have information on over 5,000 different retail video cards. There are bound to be little
mistakes here or there. If a mistake is found we will of course correct it. Nothing on our site
is set in stone.

A lot of the mistakes have to do with incomplete or incorrect information on manufacturer
websites because that is where we get the information for all the retail cards (cards listed in
the tables). We are much more careful with the information related to the reference cards
(the data at the top of the 8800 GT page). We get that information either from press releases
or from trusted hardware sites that have done a review of the card.

Once the 8800 GT is launched or reviewed, we should be able to correct any mistakes on our
8800 GT page.

Back