itouch dock recommendations needed

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
just picked up the 16g model online, and now i want a speaker/alarm clock style dock. Been searching around a little bit and finding it hard to see any intelligent reviews on whats good and whats not. Price isnt a real big deal, but id rather not spend over 200 bucks.

It is way over the price that you have stated but I recommend the Tivoli iSongBook. I have one in my kitchen that I use when I cook and the sound is so crisp and clear. It has a universal dock that takes the Apple dock plates so I have used it with my 1st and 2nd Gen nanos and my iPod Touch. The only thing that I do not like about it is the screen on the unit is hard to read from a distance because it uses a dark blue backlight which makes it hard to use as a clock.

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/product.php?productid=200&cat=266&page=1

If that is too much I have heard good things about the iHome range of radio docks.

You better call up logitech if your itouch did not come with a dock/receiver thingy, they obviously left it out as it should come with one:

I dont think it has a clock and such though, you would have to upgrade from the itouch to the G15 or the likes if you want that.

Apple fans, myself included, hate it when people call the iPod Touch the iTouch. Calling it an iTouch makes it sound like a gadget marketed towards pedophiles.

Exactly. I know 2 friends with iPod Touches, and they both call them iTouch... and it drives me crazy.

I try to tell them that iPod is the device and Touch is the model. Otherwise we'd all be calling them iVideo, iShuffle, iMini, iNano, iClassic, etc.

Too bad you can't live in an iHome.

ihome%20ih5%5B2%5D.jpg

Not sure if there is enough room in there for you :p

i live in my ihome watching my itelevision on my icouch listening to my imusic on my itouch.

With your turtle neck so you can be just like Stevie!

:p

Seriously though, an iPod Touch or Touch is not an itouch, just as said above we dont call the others iclassic, inano, ishuffle, etc.

I will do my best to adopt the correct pronunciation. Apple is starting to grow on me ever since i laid my hands on my friends mac book pro.

*heavy breathing*

so sleek...

lol Bose makes a nice dock that I would get, not sure if it allows the iPod Touch.

If it can handle Apples Dock Inserts then it will work with the Touch. My Tivoli came out way before the Touch and iPhone and it will handle both with ease.

I use a speaker dock I got for Christmas, I believe they got it from Inkstop. It's a clock radio, alarm clock and speakers for the ipod. It also has an audio in and out so you can plug in a computer or other brand MP3 player. Just use the dock insert that came with your iPod Touch, and it works great. It's a Vuescape brand, I believe. Costs $29.99, but I don't know if you have an InkStop near you. I believe Vuescape is a house brand for InkStop, so if you don't have one near you, your probably out of luck.

Back